Shoutbox

how to create glossy gradient type effect - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: how to create glossy gradient type effect (/showthread.php?tid=70515)

how to create glossy gradient type effect by Th3rmal on 01-10-2007 at 12:22 PM

i was wondering how you created the glossy gradient type effect on places like the taskbar etc.

thx in advance

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by Supersonicdarky on 01-10-2007 at 12:29 PM

what do you mean? like in photoshop?

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by Th3rmal on 01-10-2007 at 12:31 PM

lol no i mean the visual style

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by alexp2_ad on 01-10-2007 at 01:43 PM

That's the Royale theme, from Microsoft... you can get it here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements...me-for-WinXP.shtml

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by Matti on 01-10-2007 at 02:14 PM

Are you talking about the background? If so, it's very easy. :P

1. Create a new project in Photoshop, with a nice height and a decent width to see your effect.
  2. Draw a vertical gradient from top to bottom with your favorite colors.
  3. Create a new layer
  4. Select the top half of the image
  5. Draw a vertical gradient with white, but with different opacities (eg: 75% to 100%)
  6. Crop the image to a width of 1, according you've made perfect vertical gradients.
  7. Save it and import it in your VS! (Look for tutorials to create MSStyles somewhere)

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by Vilkku on 01-10-2007 at 02:17 PM

There are also some other similar looking themes...

Zune
Royale Noir

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by LoochTheMan on 01-10-2007 at 08:31 PM

That is the theme from Windows Media Center Edition 2005 (thats the windows I have) but those themes previously posted match it very closely.

RE: how to create glossy gradient type effect by Th3rmal on 01-11-2007 at 10:16 AM

thx very much it was wat i asked for :)