Shoutbox

MSN Live FREEZING - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN Live FREEZING (/showthread.php?tid=70535)

MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 08:42 PM

ok posts about freezing MSN have been mention but none of them is the same as my problem.

My messenger live keeps freezing, now it doesnt have a specific time. i mean sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. however i noticed that it deffinately freezes when someone IM's me as soon as i sign on. At first i thought its coz of Messenger Plus but then after removing it. no freezing for a while then BACK!!!!.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.
at the moment am back messenger 7.5 with Plus but i really like the plus live features better.
Thanks

By the way i tried un installing and re-installing many times still keeps freezing.
Qarout

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by vaccination on 01-10-2007 at 08:49 PM

can you explain a bit better. Like what actually happens. would anything trigger it?

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 08:51 PM

sorry i edited my original post to say what really triggers it.
anyways what happens is that, messenger just stops responding. the windows become white. i cant exit i cant do anything unless i shut it from the task manager. actually to sum it up it just stops responding.

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by MattyRid on 01-10-2007 at 08:53 PM

1) Answer either (a) or (b):

(a) Do you have sweetim or smiley central installed at the moment?

(b) Did you have ever sweetim or smiley central installed?

2) Did you have the latest version of Both Windows Live Messenger (for 8.0 users latest is: 8.0.0812.00 and for 8.1 BETA users it is: 8.1.0168.00_ClientV8.1) and Messenger Plus! Live (version 4.11.251)?

3) Do you have something Like Windows Live One Care installed?

4) Did you have any scripts installed?

5) Does it also happen with both versions of Windows Live Messenger (8.0 and 8.1)?

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 08:57 PM

ok

1) concidering i dont know what those are i am guessing i have never installed them.

2)well i never use beta. so i had the 8.0( it should be the latest everytime i uninstalled i re-download the stepup file and reinstall

3)no i never had One care installed

4) dont know what u mean by scripts. but no i dont recall installing any scripts

5) as i told u i never used 8.1 beta.

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 09:02 PM

hey vaccination for some reason i got an email saying u replied again but i cant see it here on the forum.
anyways i guess i read most of the reply from the email
and no my laptop is actually new well kind of
its an HP nx8820, 1.8GHz centrino, 512MB RAM, 2MB cach memory

RE: RE: MSN Live FREEZING by MattyRid on 01-10-2007 at 09:05 PM

OK firstly don't worry about others, just worry about yourself. Now down to work

quote:
Originally posted by qarout
ok

1) concidering i dont know what those are i am guessing i have never installed them.

Still best to check to be on the safe side, maybe a friend of yours may have put it on without you knowing.

quote:
4) dont know what u mean by scripts. but no i dont recall installing any scripts

Scripts for Messenger Plus! Live I'm talking about

quote:
5) as i told u i never used 8.1 beta.

Be best to try and if it does the same thing you should then report it to Microsoft.

Also before going to the BETA, another question I ask now is

6) does it still do the same without messenger plus! installed?
RE: MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 09:10 PM

ok in that case, no i never installed scripts. and no one else touches my laptop other than me. so in that case if i didnt install a smily central the no one has.:)
and lastly yeah, even without messenger plus! installed, it does the same thing.

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Be best to try and if it does the same thing you should then report it to Microsoft.

best try what?? the 8.1 beta??
RE: MSN Live FREEZING by MattyRid on 01-10-2007 at 09:11 PM

yes...this then allows that problem to hopefully get fixed up

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 09:13 PM

by the way i read somewhere that uninstalling alone might not remove problems...
that i have to delete registry, i think????
how can i remove everythign that has got to do with messenger whether its live or 7.5

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by MattyRid on 01-10-2007 at 09:15 PM

we may only do that IF it still happens with the 8.1 BETA. So your best bet is trying it then, we look at other avenues

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by qarout on 01-10-2007 at 09:18 PM

well man i am going to do that...but as i told you. the not responding problem doesnt happen all the time. so i need to check it out for a couple of days. by the way shall i install PLUS! or see how it goes without it.
but THANKS ALOOOT man

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by MattyRid on 01-10-2007 at 09:19 PM

do it without...it's so we can be 100% sure it's not plus! causing it.

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by Amitd on 02-11-2007 at 06:15 AM

any news ?
I have the same problem on my laptop, the messenger is freezing and sometimes after a minute it return to work and sometimes not.
on my desktop everything is ok, and both have the same messenger version and the same messenger plus version.

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by jambon on 01-10-2008 at 03:13 AM

SOLVED!!!

alrighty, I was having the same problem and I found a solution...

I'm using msn live with msgr plus and stuff NG plugin...

I had also recently installed IE 7...

Every few minutes of using msn messenger it would freeze and the window would go white..

then I did I little testing and alot of research to find out that it's actually IE that's causing the problem...

basically, microsoft have set IE to constantly check a couple websites and these websites are on the crappiest server in the world apparently cause if you try to access them you end up waiting forever and usual end up crashing your browser...

and since msn messenger is built on IE technology it uses IE constantly!

so with that being said... all you have to do to FIX THE PROBLEM is change a couple options in the registry..

goto run and type regedit then hit enter

then naviagate to this key..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

there are 4 things to change...

Default_Page_URL
Default_Search_URL
Search Page
Start Page

these will all be set to some msn.com or microsoft site... simply change them to "about:Blank" (without the quote marks) and then reboot. And tada problem solved :D

good luck I hope this helps!

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by tiger squall on 05-06-2010 at 08:38 PM

I have that exact same problem with my MSN. It suddenly started happening last week. Cool thanks jambon it works!

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by Myobi on 05-07-2010 at 03:40 AM

Thank you so much jambon! You fixed my MSN!

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by tenkss on 01-13-2011 at 02:03 AM

I have this same problem on my msn, every single time i log on it freezes after 2-3 seconds and ends up not responding. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled this 5 times +, ive repaired it, ive tried many different versions on msn incl 7, 8 and the new 2011 version is not compatible with my laptop. I am running windows XP, windows live messenger was working perfectly until yesterday. I tried Jamboms theory just before in Regedit, restarted computer and tried again but still no luck. Any other ideas?
I have done virus, malware, spyware and trojan scans with no results. this is so confusing!

RE: MSN Live FREEZING by djdannyp on 01-13-2011 at 08:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tenkss
I have this same problem on my msn, every single time i log on it freezes after 2-3 seconds and ends up not responding. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled this 5 times +, ive repaired it, ive tried many different versions on msn incl 7, 8 and the new 2011 version is not compatible with my laptop. I am running windows XP, windows live messenger was working perfectly until yesterday. I tried Jamboms theory just before in Regedit, restarted computer and tried again but still no luck. Any other ideas?
I have done virus, malware, spyware and trojan scans with no results. this is so confusing!

The only version you should try using is Windows Live Messenger 2009, no other versions are intended to work for you.  Make sure you have ALL other versions of Messenger uninstalled cleanly and all traces of files gone, then go to the Windows Live Messenger website and download Windows Live Essentials and then if the problem still exists we can troubleshoot better.

Do you have any add-ons for Messenger installed?