Shoutbox

i downloaded messaging-names.com!! and i cant get rid of it!! HELP! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: i downloaded messaging-names.com!! and i cant get rid of it!! HELP! (/showthread.php?tid=70561)

i downloaded messaging-names.com!! and i cant get rid of it!! HELP! by totally_adorkable on 01-11-2007 at 05:18 AM

OMG! my friend sent me a link to download messaging-names.com. I'm such a genius that I downloaded it and now it has taken over my msn messenger. Everytime I click on someone that I want to IM I can't. It doenst let me have a conversation! I can't even type a word! it just keeps sending them a link to download messaging-names.com. What can I do to get rid of it??

oh yeah i forgot i have a windows XP. I have the 8.0 messenger and i think that's all the info. needed

RE: i downloaded messaging-names.com!! and i cant get rid of it!! HELP! by MattyRid on 01-11-2007 at 05:21 AM

Have you gone Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Remove the program.

Then run virus and spyware scans to ensure it has been removed..well as much as possible

RE: RE: i downloaded messaging-names.com!! and i cant get rid of it!! HELP! by totally_adorkable on 01-11-2007 at 05:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Have you gone Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Remove the program.

Then run virus and spyware scans to ensure it has been removed..well as much as possible

yes i already tried it and im running  the virs scan rite now i already did the spyware one.
RE: i downloaded messaging-names.com!! and i cant get rid of it!! HELP! by MattyRid on 01-11-2007 at 05:27 AM

Well this is what their help pages say

quote:
How do I remove IM-Names from my computer?
You may uninstall the software by using "Add/Remove Programs" in your control panel.

Else failing what has been stated here, I would suggest going to them about it and telling them and asking them to fix it up.