Shoutbox

Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working (/showthread.php?tid=70621)

Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by PhoCris on 01-12-2007 at 10:39 PM

The script used to work until 2 weeks ago. Now the display picture is stuck on the same image. I cannot get access to the settings of the script either.

I tried uninstalling it, and reinstall it again but doesn't work. Every time it says: "the script was loaded but failed to start".

Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by pedro_cesar on 01-12-2007 at 10:49 PM

try and download again.

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by PhoCris on 01-13-2007 at 12:50 AM

I've done that several time already.

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by Chris4 on 01-13-2007 at 12:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PhoCris
I tried uninstalling it, and reinstall it again but doesn't work. Every time it says: "the script was loaded but failed to start".
Can you disable the script, or do you get the message?

Last resort is to delete the folder of the script from here:
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\
RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by PhoCris on 01-13-2007 at 01:46 AM

Hummm.. when I go to the Messenger Plus! setting it says the script is stopped. I can uncheck the script fine. But if I try to check it again and click on apply, it says:

"Couldn't start script Display Picture Changer... The script might be defective or you may not have the proper privileges to run scripts".

Is there something in windows xp's settings that might prevent the script to run?

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by Chris4 on 01-13-2007 at 02:25 AM

Exit Messenger.
Go to C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\
Delete the Display Picture Changer folder.
Run Messenger.
Download script again & import.
See if it works..

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by PhoCris on 01-13-2007 at 03:34 AM

No it doesn't work.

I tried another script and it didn't work either. So I guess it has to do with my computer and not the script itself.

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by Chris4 on 01-13-2007 at 05:36 AM

Try reinstalling Messenger.

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by Mike on 01-13-2007 at 08:59 AM

Can you enable the script debug menu and then tell us if any error is reported for Display Picture Changer?

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by PhoCris on 01-13-2007 at 09:05 AM

Chris4, I've reinstalled it already.

I got this from the script debug:

Script is starting
Error: Automation server can't create object.
       Line: 29. Code: -2146827859.
Script has failed to start

RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by Chris4 on 01-14-2007 at 11:20 AM

This may be a solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
To reinstall the Windows Scripting Host download it from here Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000

RE: RE: Display Picture Changer 1.2 not working by RichyH on 01-29-2007 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
This may be a solution:
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
To reinstall the Windows Scripting Host download it from here Download details: Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000

I ran into exact the same problem.
I reinstalled Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000.
And guess what .... It worked !!
Big Thnx for the tip ...