Shoutbox

Laptop Crash - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Laptop Crash (/showthread.php?tid=70651)

Laptop Crash by Ptoye on 01-13-2007 at 09:11 PM

Hey,

I have a dell Inspiron 9400. a few hours ago i was just doing some web surfing and so on. suddenly the moniter went blank and the laptop shut down :S

I have trying taking the battery out and back in again but it will not go back on. My mate has the same laptop and so we tryed changing battery's but this did not fix it. we tryed changing the charers and this did nothing either.

So now even when i connect the power cable it does nothing. does anyone know about anything i could do in the mean time before call Dell on monday?

Also i only got the laptop so it's very new.

Thanks!!

Pete. T

RE: Laptop Crash by ryxdp on 01-14-2007 at 07:05 AM

What site were you on when the crash happened? It may be a case of spyware/worms/malware/etc. (possibly):D

RE: Laptop Crash by CookieRevised on 01-14-2007 at 07:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
What site were you on when the crash happened? It may be a case of spyware/worms/malware/etc. (possibly):D
Software can not damage hardware (well, it technically can, but that is extremely rare and you'll have more chance to be hit by a meteor than damaging hardware by software)...

My first guess why the laptop shut down would be overheating, which also could have damaged something permanently... Best thing todo, as you're going to do, call Dell...
RE: Laptop Crash by ryxdp on 01-14-2007 at 09:03 AM

Then my next question would be how much work was he putting on the cpu when it shut down...8-)

RE: Laptop Crash by Ptoye on 01-14-2007 at 01:42 PM

Yeh i though overheating but i let it stand for a few hours to let it cool down and nothing happened :@. i was only on WLM nothing elce!! so it's not from over use:P

Cheers

Pete. T

RE: Laptop Crash by Voldemort on 01-14-2007 at 10:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
i was only on WLM nothing elce!!
quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
Also i only got the laptop so it's very new.
Warranty. Period.
you can't do much to the laptop without voiding the warranty :P

quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
Then my next question would be how much work was he putting on the cpu when it shut down...
damn. I always have task manager open to see the usage of my cpu, so if something happens, i can fix it that way!

RE: Laptop Crash by CookieRevised on 01-15-2007 at 01:13 AM

Usage of CPU might have got nothing todo with a PC overheating, especially laptops. If the vent is blocked with dust or the fan doesn't work anymore then many components can overheat even when the CPU is in idle...

RE: Laptop Crash by Ptoye on 01-16-2007 at 06:11 PM

hey,

i haver called dell and they are coming out to my house 2moz to see what the problem is, thanks 4 all the help guys :d ill let you all know how it goes 2moz with Dell

Pete.T