Shoutbox

Can't add ne contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't add ne contacts (/showthread.php?tid=70654)

Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-13-2007 at 09:59 PM

When I add someone to my msn it adds them to the msn contacts page on the list but it says they are offline and when I click to chat to them it says "this person is no in your contacts, click to add this person to your contacts" when I do click it, it doesn't add them and they still appear offline even though they can speak to me. There list says I am online but I can never see them online. Does anyone know whats wrong with it?

Thanks

RE: Can't add ne contacts by absorbation on 01-13-2007 at 10:32 PM

You can send offline messages on Messenger now. Basically your contact is sending you messages whilst appearing offline.

RE: Can't add ne contacts by Rolando on 01-13-2007 at 10:34 PM

Cookie's solution

Click the link and read CookieRevised's post.

RE: Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-15-2007 at 08:15 PM

This still doesn't work, i've tried to un-install msn then re- install and it doesn't work, it adds contacts to the list but they aren't appearing online and I know they are online because they tell me from another website so it's my msn that is wrong, I can still chat to them but I never really know when they are online or offline because they permanantly offline grrrr. Does anyone else get this?
It does say in there box at the top "this person is not in your contacts, click here to add him/her in contacts" somthing like that you know what I mean. Well when I goto click the link to add them to contacts it just doesn't do anything and brings that little egg timer to show it's loading but it isn't. This post might sound really confusing but msn is confusing me, it's annoying. Any help please?

RE: Can't add ne contacts by ryxdp on 01-16-2007 at 12:56 AM

Perhaps WLM/MSN isn't connecting to .NET properly? Used to happen to my friend when he was on dialup :S

I doubt it's the connection speed though.

Try Tools -> Options -> Connections tab -> Tell us what the connection status says :)

RE: Can't add ne contacts by MattyRid on 01-16-2007 at 01:01 AM

So did you try the link q25 posted? users were seeing the same problem as you and it seemed to fix it.

So if it didn't work, there are a few question which need to be asked;

1) Did you exit Messenger before you did it?

2) Did you use the registry file or did you do it manually?

RE: RE: Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-16-2007 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
Perhaps WLM/MSN isn't connecting to .NET properly? Used to happen to my friend when he was on dialup :S

I doubt it's the connection speed though.

Try Tools -> Options -> Connections tab -> Tell us what the connection status says :)

It says my connection status is good and connected ok, I don't know what's wrong with it grrrrr lol it's annoying because from now on when I add new users they're always gonna be offline :(
RE: RE: Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-16-2007 at 03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
So did you try the link q25 posted? users were seeing the same problem as you and it seemed to fix it.

So if it didn't work, there are a few question which need to be asked;

1) Did you exit Messenger before you did it?

2) Did you use the registry file or did you do it manually?

Yes I tried that post, i've just tried it again and I exited msn first then I downloaded the file to run and after I did that I opened msn again and tried to add a contact when you click the link thing in the chat box and it still doesn't do anything :( so I don't know what I'm going to do now because I can not add any contacts well I can but they always gonna be offline and I won't know when to speak to them or not
RE: Can't add ne contacts by MattyRid on 01-16-2007 at 08:42 PM

Try doing the instructions at that link manually and see if it helps.

RE: Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-17-2007 at 01:41 AM

I wouldn't touch it manually because I don't like messing in the registery, i'd do more harm than good lol

RE: Can't add ne contacts by MattyRid on 01-17-2007 at 01:43 AM

I'm sure if you follow it and cross check each step as you go along, you can  do it right.

RE: Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-17-2007 at 03:40 PM

Ok so i've just did what it says on that post, I deleted the file manually and nothing has changed it's still the same. I've tried to install msn again and that didn't work so what other options can I try? I really don't know what's wrong with it.

RE: Can't add ne contacts by shadowman234 on 01-17-2007 at 03:49 PM

Well I just logged in to windows messenger the really really old version and when I went to add a contact it says "your contact list is full, please delete a contact and try again" so I deleted several contacts from my list and it still does not work I only have about 450 contacts in the "other contacts" tab any ideas?