Shoutbox

Speaker problem :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Speaker problem :( (/showthread.php?tid=70667)

Speaker problem :( by duck! on 01-14-2007 at 09:55 AM

Yesterday i was listening to some podcasts from itunes on my laptop, then the sound cut off, and itunes said there was a problem with my audio device, so i went on the dell was site downloaded the sigmatel audio driver againand it as okay til i turned it on this morning to find that there was no sound :( but itunes did not detect the problem this time, the driver is in the same place but it doent play sound.

Please help^o)

RE: Speaker problem :( by Vilkku on 01-14-2007 at 10:47 AM

Have you tried with a different set of speakers or a headset?

EDIT: Before someone points it out, I know it's highly unlikely it's a hardware problem if a software recognizes it, but you can't be too sure.

RE: Speaker problem :( by duck! on 01-14-2007 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Have you tried with a different set of speakers or a headset?

EDIT: Before someone points it out, I know it's highly unlikely it's a hardware problem if a software recognizes it, but you can't be too sure.
I tried with other speakers but the sound is very quiet. I normally have headphones plugged in, and the problem still occurs
RE: Speaker problem :( by ryxdp on 01-14-2007 at 09:44 PM

Hmm...^o)

You have a Dell computer, yes?

Are the sound jacks on-board or are they on a sound card? If it's a sound card you should swap with another computer and see if the other machine now has the problem.:)

RE: Speaker problem :( by Kenji on 01-14-2007 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Snaal Sevool Snr.
Hmm...^o)

You have a Dell computer, yes?

Are the sound jacks on-board or are they on a sound card? If it's a sound card you should swap with another computer and see if the other machine now has the problem.:)
If you read his post you would know that it is a laptop.

I had a similar problem to this before, and i solved it by disabling my Sound driver and enabling it again.

Right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > sound, video and game controllers.

Right click on your sound card and click Disable. Then Right click again and click Enable.

Screenshot:
[Image: 16527172727777777777777gp3.th.png]

Hope this helps.