Shoutbox

blocking contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: blocking contacts (/showthread.php?tid=70670)

blocking contacts by jot on 01-14-2007 at 11:54 AM

newby to msn and chat so learning! If chatting to one person how can i flag up to other contacts that am not available or appear as if offline? Sometimes useful to appear to be offline to others?

Thanks jot

RE: blocking contacts by EBFL on 01-14-2007 at 12:01 PM

I didnt quite get that,
but if you mean how do you block a contact then in a convosation with the person you want to block there will be a button like this [Image: BlockButton.PNG]
Just press it and they'll be blocked.
Or right click them then:
[Image: Blocked2nd.PNG]

RE: blocking contacts by jot on 01-14-2007 at 12:03 PM

cheers....so if they are blocked how does it appear to them? Does it look like i am offline?

RE: blocking contacts by EBFL on 01-14-2007 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jot
cheers....so if they are blocked how does it appear to them? Does it look like i am offline?
If they are blocked you can not speak to them but it shows them online and to them it shows you as offline.
RE: blocking contacts by jot on 01-14-2007 at 12:07 PM

makes sense now........is there a way to then block all contacts except obviously the one you want to chat to...or do you ahve to go through each one by one?

RE: blocking contacts by EBFL on 01-14-2007 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jot
makes sense now........is there a way to then block all contacts except obviously the one you want to chat to...or do you ahve to go through each one by one?
Why not go onto appear offline?
And then everyone thinks your offline but you can still speak to the ones you want to speak to.
[Image: AppearOffline.PNG]
RE: blocking contacts by NanaFreak on 01-14-2007 at 12:10 PM

yuo could just appear offline and then chat to the contacts you want to.... appearing offline makes all contacts not be able to see if your online but the can all still chat to you... (only if they know ;))

RE: blocking contacts by jot on 01-14-2007 at 12:12 PM

thanks both...how do i do this?

RE: blocking contacts by EBFL on 01-14-2007 at 12:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jot
thanks both...how do i do this?
Click your Screen name then click;
[Image: AppearOffline.PNG]
RE: blocking contacts by jot on 01-14-2007 at 12:17 PM

last question...so do the appear offline and then i can just IM one person and start a chat with them...but for everyone else it looks like i am offline...is that right?

RE: blocking contacts by EBFL on 01-14-2007 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jot
last question...so do the appear offline and then i can just IM one person and start a chat with them...but for everyone else it looks like i am offline...is that right?
Yes.
Even with the person your chatting to, it will say you offline but your not.
RE: blocking contacts by Zahid™ on 01-14-2007 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jot
Yes, but to the contact you are talking to it will look like you're offline aswell but you can tell the person you're just appearing offline.
RE: blocking contacts by jot on 01-14-2007 at 12:19 PM

that's great...thanks for your considerate help for a newbie. Have to learn somewhere!