Shoutbox

Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM (/showthread.php?tid=70812)

Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by magott on 01-18-2007 at 12:39 PM

I have installed wlm plus several times now, but it's not appearing in my WLM. The plus-menu is not even there. I don't get the "not loaded" that other people seem to get. What should I do to get it working?

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by NanaFreak on 01-18-2007 at 12:41 PM

do you have SweetIM or SmilieCentral installed?

plus has problems with these other programs

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Oxy on 01-18-2007 at 12:49 PM

Please Please PLEASE search before posting, as there are answers to your questions, in great detail.
Try Out q25's Answer

EDIT:

Also try MattyRids:

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
ok here are a few questions that best be answered first before coming to conclusions....

1) Answer either (a) or (b):

(a) Do you have sweetim or smiley central installed at the moment?

(b) Did you have ever sweetim or smiley central installed?

2) Do you have the latest version of Both Windows Live Messenger (for 8.0 users latest is: 8.0.0812.00 and for 8.1 BETA users it is: 8.1.0168.00_ClientV8.1) and Messenger Plus! Live (version 4.11.251)?

3) Do you have something Like Windows Live One Care installed?

Once these questions are answered I think we will be well on our way to solving it.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by magott on 01-18-2007 at 01:07 PM

Forgot to mention there's no smiley bullshit on my pc. Nope, no, nada. I  even find msg plus borderline, so I have no other crap installed.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Oxy on 01-18-2007 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .OxY

Also try MattyRids:

quote:
ok here are a few questions that best be answered first before coming to conclusions....

1) Answer either (a) or (b):

2) Do you have the latest version of Both Windows Live Messenger (for 8.0 users latest is: 8.0.0812.00 and for 8.1 BETA users it is: 8.1.0168.00_ClientV8.1) and Messenger Plus! Live (version 4.11.251)?

3) Do you have something Like Windows Live One Care installed?

Once these questions are answered I think we will be well on our way to solving it.

RE: RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by magott on 01-18-2007 at 02:02 PM

1) Answer either (a) or (b): NO

2) Do you have the latest version of Both Windows Live Messenger (for 8.0 users latest is: 8.0.0812.00 and for 8.1 BETA users it is: 8.1.0168.00_ClientV8.1) and Messenger Plus! Live (version 4.11.251)? YES

3) Do you have something Like Windows Live One Care installed? NO (although I can't answer "like" part of the question...)

RE: RE: RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by MattyRid on 01-18-2007 at 08:55 PM

.OxY, if you are going to use my questions, please look at my recent posts, as I make sure I update and modify them slightly to ensure at users understand the questions.

Now back onto business with the questions that were missed;

4) Did or do you have any scripts installed?

5) Have you used any Patches Like Mess-Patch or APatch?

6) Does it also happen with both versions of Windows Live Messenger (8.0 and 8.1)?

RE: RE: RE: RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by magott on 01-24-2007 at 08:33 AM

quote:
.OxY, if you are going to use my questions, please look at my recent posts, as I make sure I update and modify them slightly to ensure at users understand the questions.

Now back onto business with the questions that were missed;

4) Did or do you have any scripts installed?

5) Have you used any Patches Like Mess-Patch or APatch?

6) Does it also happen with both versions of Windows Live Messenger (8.0 and 8.1)?

My paranoia firewall "Proventia desktop" blocked the msg plus exe-file. I disabled the firewall, and VOLA! :-)

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by MattyRid on 01-24-2007 at 09:14 AM

you mean you added "msnmsgs.exe" to the exception list ;)

Sometimes updating your firewall can also help.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by azael36 on 08-04-2011 at 07:23 PM

Hi guys!

I have exactly the same issue. I have installed MLP on my brand new Dell computer running Windows 7 64 bits and MS Messenger 2011 Build 15.4.3508.1109... I ran the installation program for Messenger Plus! 5 version 5.2.0.712 as an administrator and add the program to the firewall exceptions just in case.

I do not have Smileys anything, neither Live One, or patches or scripts, the computer is brand new.

The installation program runs without glitches and when it finishes it launches the Messenger program... but there is not a single reference for the Plus! program on my screen, no main menu, no context menus, nothing.

Have I missed anything else?

Thank you,
Aaron.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Tylerohwhat on 08-06-2011 at 10:18 PM

azael, do you happen to have an nvidia graphics card? they're fixing this issue right now. to test if it is your graphics card, just disable it in device manager, then run wlm. dont forget to re-enable.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by pathia on 08-12-2011 at 09:11 PM

Hi Tylerohwhat,
I am experiencing the exact issue you are describing there.
Do you have any updates regarding the 'fixing' you are referring to ? It does not seem to be solved in the latest greatest version I just downloaded. Disabling my Nvidia card seems to solve the issue, but I don't like to keep it disabled.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Tylerohwhat on 08-15-2011 at 09:04 AM

Hi, pathia

Im not staff or anything so I'm not really in the loop when it comes to stuff like this, but i tested a version that fixed this issue about two weeks ago, so hopefully pretty soon.

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by whiz on 08-15-2011 at 11:36 AM

This thread is 4 years old...

Nevertheless, see mich999's reply to Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel).

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Tylerohwhat on 08-16-2011 at 12:41 AM

And if the above doesnt work for you, they just released the version that fixes this. :)

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by nf24eg on 08-26-2011 at 09:11 PM

Guys i was have the same problem BUT i fixed it
i used
Revo Uninstaller Pro
to uninstall the old versions of MSG PLUS and the Messenger LIVE

then i Installed both of them again

THEN
make a right click on the Messenger live icon or shortcut
choose:
Properties
Compatibility

and be sure that the Compatibility Mode is checked and choose
Windows XP (service Pack 3)

Apply , Ok
open messenger and congratulation ;-)

RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Spunky on 08-26-2011 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nf24eg
Guys i was have the same problem BUT i fixed it
i used
Revo Uninstaller Pro
to uninstall the old versions of MSG PLUS and the Messenger LIVE

then i Installed both of them again

THEN
make a right click on the Messenger live icon or shortcut
choose:
Properties
Compatibility

and be sure that the Compatibility Mode is checked and choose
Windows XP (service Pack 3)

Apply , Ok
open messenger and congratulation ;-)

That will cause more damage than it will fix. Don't post if you don't know 100% what you are talking about.
RE: RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by nf24eg on 08-27-2011 at 07:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky

That will cause more damage than it will fix. Don't post if you don't know 100% what you are talking about.
what kind of DAMAGE you talking about ?!!!
I kept follow all the steps that you and others was saying above and then at last i found after 4 years:| that it still NOT SOLVED*-) and not only for me but for some other members also:o
when I made the steps that i mentioned it worked for me like 100000%(Y)

I use windows 7 -64 Bit messenger 14.0 and latest MsgPlus

so I KNOW WHAT I TALK ABOUT
RE: Installed plus, but it's not in my WLM by Spunky on 08-27-2011 at 08:56 AM

No you do not. There are members here with access to Debug versions of WLM and MP!5. If you were to use these builds, you would see what I mean. I am not going to start making wild claims if I am unable to back them up and a simple search of these forums will show you all the threads we've had, because somebody ran into problems with compatibility mode.

Using it under compat mode for XP (SP3) caused trouble for someone not even 2 days ago (Not being able to run more than one messenger). They fixed it by going to Vista compat mode, but that will still cause errors for them in the future. There is never a need to run in compat mode as both programs are designed to run on Vista/7.

All your solution says to me is that 3rd-party software is interfering with you MP! installation, but when you put it in compat mode, the other software can't load, so Plus! can load normally.

As for the steps in this thread not helping you, as you said, it's 4 years old. It's not going to be the same issue; they will not help you.

I am not about to start posting bollocks after 5 years of being on this forum and helping people, that's not how I got to position I am in. If your solution works for you, congratulations. However, as I say, this will not work for everyone and in a lot of cases and may even causes issues with their installation. I know that some time ago MP! actually reset compat mode when it was installed so it wouldn't run into any issues; as far as I know it still does this. Why would the software do this if there was no reason to?

If you had bothered to start your own thread and get tailored help to suit you, we may have been able to come up with a solution as to why exactly your MP! wasn't working, rather than just sticking a band-aid on it.