Shoutbox

Spanish Translation again - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Spanish Translation again (/showthread.php?tid=70840)

Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-19-2007 at 06:00 PM

Really sorry about this again (I know this aint a homework forum) but my spanish teacher is going to make me back every book out of all of her pupils if I don't do this homework :| (I dont do alot of spanish homeworks) Its a true (Verdad) or false (Mentira) homework but I don't have a clue what the questions are.

1. Para ir a Correos siga todo recto. Tome la segunda calle a la izquierda y está a la derecha.

2. Para ir Banco siga todo recto hasta la plaza de España. Cruce la plaza y el Banco está a la derecha.

3. Para ir al cine Palafox tome la primera calle a la derecha y está al final a la izquierda.

4. La oficina de información y turismo esta un poco lejos, vaya hasta la plaza de España. Salga por la calle Granada y está a la a la derecha al lado del corte Inglés.

5. El teatro Español está lejos. Siga todo recto hasta la calle Córdoba tuerza a la izquierda y el Teatro está a la derecha, enfrente del Estanco.

6. Para ir a la Librería Martínez tome la siguiente calle ala izquierda y está al lado de la Farmacia.

7. Para ir a la Catedral doble la esquina a la izquierda y está a la derecha.

8. Para ir ala Plaza de Toros siga todo recto por la calle Mayor hast el final. Tuerza ala derecha. Baje por la calle Sevilla y la Plaza de Toros está al final a la izquierda.
    [/list]

PS have tried many free translation sites but they only translate it word by word so it don't make much sense.

Thanks to anybody who can help I will forever in their debt <3 <3

RE: Spanish Translation again by Chocolatino on 01-19-2007 at 06:36 PM

1.To get to the post office go straight on and take the second street to the left and its at your right.

2.To get to the bank go stright to the Spanish Plaza. cross through the plaza and the bank is to your right.

3.To get to the Palafox cinema Take the first street on the right and its at the end on the left.

4.The tourism and information is a bit far, go to the Spanish plaza.
Get out through Granada street and its on the right next to the English Court.

5.The Spanish theater is far. Go straight down to Córdoba Street and turn to the left and the theater is on the right, in fornt of the(water fall? i think it's somthing to do with water ;) )

Can't be botherd to do the rest, its good practice thought becaues im doing my spanish GCSE this year so i don't mind doing it :p

RE: Spanish Translation again by banky on 01-19-2007 at 06:41 PM

:lol: I remember doing this.. chrono used to help me xD Chrono prob don't even remember me >.>

RE: Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-19-2007 at 07:07 PM

Chocolatino I beg you ... Please translate the other three (a)

RE: Spanish Translation again by banky on 01-19-2007 at 07:22 PM

6.To goto the Martinez libary take the next street make a left and its next to the pharmacy.

8.To find the Plaza de Toros go straight down Mayor street until the dead end. Make a right, go down Sevilla and the Plaza de Toros is at the end,its going to be on the left hand side.

or

To find the Plaza of Bulls go straight down Mayor street until the dead end. Make a right, go down Sevilla and the Plaza of Bulls is at the end,its going to be on the left hand side.

I can't figure out 7.. two years of spanish can only get me so far D;

RE: Spanish Translation again by Chocolatino on 01-19-2007 at 07:23 PM

6.For the Martínez Library take the next street to the left and its next to the Pharmacy.

7.For the Catheadral turn the corner to the left and its to your right.

8.To go to the Bull Plaza go staright down Mayor street to the end.
turn right. Go down Sevilla Street and the bull plaza is at the end to your left.

|-) see im bored now :(

RE: Spanish Translation again by Voldemort on 01-19-2007 at 08:26 PM

miss, does it have some sort of context?

RE: Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-19-2007 at 08:56 PM

Chocolatino you have saved my life (well not my life, my after school time life). Thanks banky also.

context ? (I'm kinda dumb) :P

RE: Spanish Translation again by Rolando on 01-19-2007 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Chocolatino you have saved my life (well not my life, my after school time life). Thanks banky also.

context ? (I'm kinda dumb) :P

Like.. hm..
quote:
discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation

You can't answer the questions if you havent read anything else on the topic :p

RE: Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-19-2007 at 09:16 PM

We had been given a sheet with a map on with all the places and stuff because we have had some lessons on direction etc. but I kinda switch off in spanish lessons and

quote:
Originally posted by myself

(I don't do alot of spanish homeworks)

My own fault I can't do it really :sad: Guess I should start listening and stuff :\ Silly Jayde :\

RE: Spanish Translation again by Rolando on 01-19-2007 at 09:19 PM

quote:
We had been given a sheet with a map on with all the places and stuff because we have had some lessons on direction etc. but I kinda switch off in spanish lessons and

quote:
Originally posted by myself

(I don't do alot of spanish homeworks)

My own fault I can't do it really :sad: Guess I should start listening and stuff :\ Silly Jayde :\

I never do homeworks for any of my classes (And I've some honor classes.. they send lots of homeworks..). But I do good on the tests and do extra credits :p

RE: Spanish Translation again by Voldemort on 01-19-2007 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25

I never do homeworks for any of my classes (And I've some honor classes.. they send lots of homeworks..)
same, all of my classes are with honors...
RE: RE: Spanish Translation again by CookieRevised on 01-20-2007 at 02:46 AM

quote:
Chocolatino I beg you ... Please translate the other three (a)

This is harsh but: why?

People could translate it and then what? You wont learn a thing. What are you going todo with the next homework (which will be harder)? What are you going todo with the exams?

quote:
We had been given a sheet with a map on with all the places and stuff because we have had some lessons on direction etc. but I kinda switch off in spanish lessons
So even if people translate those sentences you already can't do this homework because previously you didn't bother learning/pay attention...

This is just the same as copy/pasting scripts... I hate it when people do this...

* CookieRevised slaps Vimto

Back in my school days I had the same 'relationship' with French, I too never ever bothered to do my homework, would cheated on exams, I hated it extremely and if physically possible I would even get sick from even hearing French. Now I have to pay the price, I can't speak a word french and only understand an extremely very small bit. This is a big problem with seeking jobs, etc...
RE: Spanish Translation again by Voldemort on 01-20-2007 at 02:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* CookieRevised slaps Vimto
* Voldemort slaps CookieRevised
never slap a girl, why doesn't matter.... :<

what you said is still right :P and i agree....
RE: Spanish Translation again by Lourix on 01-20-2007 at 06:36 AM

Vimto you really should learn more espanol. If you can pick out words that you know in the sentence just translate the ones you don't know and learn them! It will be worth it in the long run.

RE: Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-20-2007 at 11:16 AM

I know I really should pay more attention :sad: that was actually my new years resolution, to pick up my grades and stuff.
Im actually doing extremely well in other subjects, its funny though because I used to love spanish until we changed teachers :\ she just doesn't use the same teaching methods, all she does is PowerPoint presentations. But heres me kinda making exuses. :\
Voldemort, Lourix and CookieRevised I will make you proud. We have some tests coming up, I promise that I'll really try do do better :D
Cookie what you said wasn't harsh, I know you are helping because you and everyone else have really made me realise that I need to pull my act together.
Thanks <3

RE: Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-25-2007 at 07:42 PM

Sorry for double posting...Just updating..

This is a piece of coursework I am currently doing, all by myself. Its meant to be me writing a letter to a hotel booking and inquiring about a room. Not quite finished yet..
Just to show I'm trying :cheesy:

Muy senora mia,

Quisiera pasar dos semanas. Quisiera reservar tres habitaciones en su hotel. Quiero una habitacion doble con cama de columnos, cuarto de bano y vista al mar. Quiero una habitacion individual con television satelite y cuarto de bano. Tambien otro una habitacion individual con television satelite y cuarto de bano. Las habitaciones juntas. Preferiria las habitaciones con desayuno solo. Vamos a llegar el quince de agosto por la tarde en avion. Vamos a salir el trienta de agosto. Seremos cinco personas: Mi marido, mi hija, mis dos hijos y yo. Escogimos este hotel porque hay cino estrellas y he oido muchas buenas casas....

Still unfinished.

RE: Spanish Translation again by Chrono on 01-25-2007 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Estimada señora mia (still sounds funny :P),

Quisiera pasar dos semanas en su hotel. Quisiera reservar tres habitaciones. Quiero una habitacion doble con cama de columnos (<< wtf is cama de columnos? english? :P), cuarto de baño y vista al mar. Quiero una habitacion individual con television satelital y cuarto de baño. Tambien otra habitacion individual con television satelital y cuarto de baño. Las habitaciones juntas ( << lol?). Preferiria las habitaciones con desayuno. Vamos a llegar el quince de agosto por la tarde en avion. Vamos a salir el treinta de agosto. Seremos cinco personas: Mi marido, mi hija, mis dos hijos y yo. Escogimos este hotel porque tiene cinco estrellas y he oido muchas buenas casas de el....
fixed some spelling mistakes and reworded some bits. it still sounds a little funny but hey :P

RE: RE: Spanish Translation again by Vimto on 01-25-2007 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:
Estimada señora mia (still sounds funny :P),

Quisiera pasar dos semanas en su hotel. Quisiera reservar tres habitaciones. Quiero una habitacion doble con cama de columnos (<< wtf is cama de columnos? english? :P)(A four poster bed), cuarto de baño y vista al mar. Quiero una habitacion individual con television satelital y cuarto de baño. Tambien otra habitacion individual con television satelital y cuarto de baño. Las habitaciones juntas ( << lol?) (The rooms all together). Preferiria las habitaciones con desayuno. Vamos a llegar el quince de agosto por la tarde en avion. Vamos a salir el treinta de agosto. Seremos cinco personas: Mi marido, mi hija, mis dos hijos y yo. Escogimos este hotel porque tiene cinco estrellas y he oido muchas buenas casas de el....
fixed some spelling mistakes and reworded some bits. it still sounds a little funny but hey :P