Shoutbox

Live Messenger 8.1 Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta (/showthread.php?tid=70844)

Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by Lynne on 01-19-2007 at 07:58 PM

I have the Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. I am attempting to IM my co-worker, however the following message appears:

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients.

This had been working for me for several days with no problems. Does anybody know of a fix?

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by Thor on 01-19-2007 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lynne

I have the Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. I am attempting to IM my co-worker, however the following message appears:

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients.

This had been working for me for several days with no problems. Does anybody know of a fix?
I believe this is a problem with the MS servers (which there has been cluss with yesterday) but I can't tell for sure, since I atm don't have this problem. Make sure you network connection si correct though.
RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by Nagamasa on 01-19-2007 at 08:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lynne
I am attempting to IM my co-worker,
A normal IM, or an OIM? OIMs are sorta bugged up right now, see http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B4...30829E!25175.entry

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
I believe this is a problem with the MS servers (which there has been cluss with yesterday)

Yes, there was a server problem yesterday, and it may have not fully recovered from it, as people were still not receiving all the messages last night. Perhaps your sever is not fully fixed yet?

Also, if you really need a message sent, you can attempt you use a Web Messenger (http://ebuddy.com), or uninstall 8.1 and install 8.0.
RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by Lynne on 01-19-2007 at 08:56 PM

This would be a normal IM with just text only. No winks or nudges etc.

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by MattyRid on 01-19-2007 at 09:48 PM

There have still been problems with the servers in recent days, perhaps your feeling the aftermath of it all and the server you connect to is still being fixed.

When it will be completed is anyone's guess.

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by Lynne on 01-19-2007 at 09:59 PM

Hey all,

Thanks for all your help! I un-installed Live Messenger 8.1 Beta and uploaded 8.0 with success. It works great.

Thanks again :D

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by randrews on 01-21-2007 at 12:19 AM

i have 8.1 and there is no problems with it, i think its the internet connection the decides the probability of messages reaching their destination (your contact)...

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by MattyRid on 01-21-2007 at 12:23 AM

Not quiet...If you have a firewall causing it, then it's the firewall whether ISP based or not is another issue. Sometimes it's the Windows Live servers which can affect things such as windows live mail and other services. A better probability is that it's the Windows Live Servers and not your ISP connection

RE: Live Messenger 8.1 Beta by vaccination on 01-21-2007 at 12:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by randrews
i have 8.1 and there is no problems with it, i think its the internet connection the decides the probability of messages reaching their destination (your contact)...

Just because you're not having problems doesn't mean someone else won't, you're most likely connected to a completely different server than they are.