Shoutbox

How to divide my HDD? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How to divide my HDD? (/showthread.php?tid=70845)

How to divide my HDD? by Jimbo on 01-19-2007 at 08:03 PM

How do i divide my hdd into 2 so i can have 2 folders, C:// and something else?
Thanks

RE: How to divide my HDD? by prashker on 01-19-2007 at 08:13 PM

Partition Magic.

RE: How to divide my HDD? by Voldemort on 01-19-2007 at 08:14 PM

no. G-Parted... Adeptus told me about it, it's good and easy to use... and free.... and windows does not interfere.... it's a linux live cd...

RE: How to divide my HDD? by user27089 on 01-20-2007 at 09:25 AM

Why would you want to do this? I've done it before and it just got annoying, if you want to seperate drives then you can pick up another hard drive cheap, I have an 80gb one you can have if you want it.

RE: How to divide my HDD? by NiteMare on 01-20-2007 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I have an 80gb one you can have if you want it.
send it my way traxy;)
RE: How to divide my HDD? by Jimbo on 01-20-2007 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Why would you want to do this? I've done it before and it just got annoying, if you want to seperate drives then you can pick up another hard drive cheap, I have an 80gb one you can have if you want it.
I just cant be fucked to go and buy an external hardrive. And i believe splitting it is the easiest way.
RE: How to divide my HDD? by Jimbo on 01-20-2007 at 11:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
I just cant be fucked to go and buy an external hardrive. And i believe splitting it is the easiest way.
He said he would give you a 80gb Hdd.. He never said anything about an external Hdd 8-)

Traxor's way > *

Splitting up Hdds is stupid. Especially when you need to join them together again and you have to back up all your data on the split Hdd so you don't lose it all... Hdds are cheap as btw =P
Oh :$
* Jimbo is stupid
RE: How to divide my HDD? by -dt- on 01-20-2007 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Splitting up Hdds is stupid.
i disagree, i always split my main hdd into two partitions, one which is about 20gb for the OS and the other is whatever is left. so i don't loose data if i need to reinstall the OS.

quote:
Especially when you need to join them together again and you have to back up all your data on the split Hdd so you don't lose it all
partition magic can do it without loosing data.

RE: How to divide my HDD? by kao on 01-20-2007 at 12:03 PM

I aways have OS on one partition (usually 30GB) and then the rest of the drive for installing shit to, then other drives to store stuff.

Partitioning for the hell of it is silly, but if you want to do it to keep your OS seperate from other stuff, go for it.