Shoutbox

Problem :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Problem :( (/showthread.php?tid=70849)

Problem :( by craz on 01-19-2007 at 09:57 PM

Recently, MSN has been giving me a rather annoying problem. A few days ago, no one I knew was able to send messages ot anyone (Server problem I guess) and after it was "fixed" people have been having problems sending messages to me. People can send me like 4-5 messages and then they stop going through for a few minutes and come back. Sometimes all the messages will come back at once. I uninstalled MSN, reinstalled it. Unintsalled and installed the beta. Tried running MSN on Trillian, same thing. Nothing seems to be working. I go into the connection screen on the options and I get this message.
"You are connected through a non-UPnP port restricted NAT." Im not sure if that means anything. Also im using a WRT54GS Linksis router.

Any help would be greatly appriceated.

RE: Problem :( by Chris4 on 01-19-2007 at 10:01 PM

Well I searched Google.

Do you have ZoneAlarm? If so, that may be your problem.

RE: Problem :( by craz on 01-19-2007 at 10:03 PM

Nothing like that. Just the hardware firewall. Also, it seems like when people can't send me a message; If i message them, they can send me a message after.

RE: Problem :( by MattyRid on 01-19-2007 at 10:07 PM

Apart from your router, does it still do the same if connected straight into your modem? If so, maybe some port forwarding is required for it to work properly

RE: Problem :( by Chris4 on 01-19-2007 at 10:08 PM

Try updating your firmware for your router.

WRT54GS Firmware Download.

RE: Problem :( by Nagamasa on 01-19-2007 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by craz
Nothing like that. Just the hardware firewall. Also, it seems like when people can't send me a message; If i message them, they can send me a message after.

I might be a problem with your router. A while back, I (think) I have had a similar problem, with the same router. Perhaps call Linksys? They told me config something (and I forget what), and it did solve a few problems. Or get an exchange from your retailer?
RE: Problem :( by craz on 01-19-2007 at 10:15 PM

Well, if it is a problem with my router, it is -only- with MSN. AIM, MIRC, anything else that connects to the internet works fine. Anyone know off hand what the port is for MSN?

RE: Problem :( by Nagamasa on 01-19-2007 at 10:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by craz
Anyone know off hand what the port is for MSN?

According to http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~rakerman/port-table.html , it is 1863.

Google!

RE: Problem :( by craz on 01-19-2007 at 10:51 PM

Ok, i tried to upgrade my firmware, but it would fail every time. I did a full reset of my router which seemed to help slightly, but the problem is still there. Everything else is seeming to work fine still. Anyone have any ideas?

RE: Problem :( by Nagamasa on 01-19-2007 at 10:53 PM

Have you unplugged both your modem and your router, with the modem first, wait 30 sec., then the router?

That sometimes solves problems. Give it a go. It won't hurt.

RE: Problem :( by craz on 01-19-2007 at 11:18 PM

Unplug my modem androuter. Nothing.

RE: Problem :( by Nagamasa on 01-19-2007 at 11:23 PM

I just remembered. Messenger has encountered some server problems, and perhaps your server has not been fully repaired.

Try waiting for a few days as conditions should improve. Or, see if using WLM resolves your problems.

Sorry, but I'm trying!
Nagamasa