Shoutbox

I have to install Plus everytime I use it - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I have to install Plus everytime I use it (/showthread.php?tid=70875)

I have to install Plus everytime I use it by buffy64lm on 01-20-2007 at 04:33 PM

I wasn't sure if this problem was related to the others so I decided to post this now and get moaned at later if it was.

Sorry if it is. :(:$

Anyway onto the problem. Take yesterday for example. I installed Plus and everything worked. I also installed a Birthday Reminder Script onto it. Still working fine.

However this morning and today I open Windows Live Messenger 8 and Plus is not on there. The Birthday Reminder Script was working though, as it was my friend's birthday and the toast came up.

The 'Plus' bit had disappeared from the top toolbar and main conversation windows. I decided to install it again, and same as yesterday everything worked again.

The problem is that I have to install Plus every single day otherwise it doesn't appear to work.

This has been happening for quite some time now and I keep reinstalling it but it is becoming quite a drag now.

Does anyone have some advice?

All help would be appreciated :)

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by ayjay on 01-20-2007 at 04:53 PM

If you have Sweet IM or Smiley Central, go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, and uninstall that and MSN, then go to C:/Program Files and delete the MSN Messenger folder. Reinstall MSN again and it should be fine.

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by buffy64lm on 01-21-2007 at 06:42 PM

You know I'd really love to tell you that it's working now but alas no.

I found and deleted SweetIM and reinstalled both WLM and Plus.

Yet I just turned on my computer now, signed in and Plus is gone!

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by Oxy on 01-21-2007 at 07:04 PM

There are still many many threads about this, even one which is still in question.
So, see This thread and answer all the questions there.

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by buffy64lm on 01-22-2007 at 03:38 PM

Thanks but I've looked at that and Plus does work but only for one day.

The threads you have referred me to only indicate if it doesn't work from the absolute beginning.

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by Oxy on 01-22-2007 at 04:15 PM

Yes, but i still recommend you answer them.. as they can be important on helping you. ;)

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by plus on 01-22-2007 at 05:38 PM

You said you deleted them?
Try uninstalling them. :)

RE: I have to install Plus everytime I use it by buffy64lm on 01-22-2007 at 05:41 PM

I meant uninstalled :l