Shoutbox

HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error (/showthread.php?tid=70935)

HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by sweetflip4suh on 01-22-2007 at 04:33 PM

I have a problem.. it just recently happen.. everytime I turn on my laptop.. it stays on for about 5 to 10 mins and retart itself.. but before it turns off theres a whole blue screen error.. but it shuts off so fast that I cant read the error message......

anyone know any solutions or anything that cost the problems?

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by plus on 01-22-2007 at 04:37 PM

The blue screen of death!!!

Try puting in you OS disk then restart and then chose trhe repair.

or try booting in safe mode. :)

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by Mike on 01-22-2007 at 04:45 PM

Click Start -> Right Click on "My Computer" -> Propeties -> Advanced -> Click the third "Settings" button -> Uncheck "Automatically Restart" -> OK

Next time this happens, tell us the error :)

Also, try going to the system log (Start -> Run -> eventvwr.msc) and see if there are any errors there.

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by sweetflip4suh on 01-22-2007 at 05:07 PM

I dont got the OS.. it didnt came with my laptop i had no cds// but i try the eventvwr.msc ...thers about 2000 events.. what am i lookin foR/

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by plus on 01-22-2007 at 05:13 PM

did u get a recovery cd.......you should have

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by sweetflip4suh on 01-22-2007 at 05:22 PM

ok i found the recovery.. if i do thjis.. is this means all of my files will be deleted?

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by rajvora on 01-22-2007 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sweetflip4suh
I have a problem.. it just recently happen.. everytime I turn on my laptop.. it stays on for about 5 to 10 mins and retart itself.. but before it turns off theres a whole blue screen error.. but it shuts off so fast that I cant read the error message......

i had the same problem but mine wud restart as soon as it booted.. showing the blue screen of death fr a couple of sec.
some of the system files were corrupt..
i had to do a re-format!

quote:
ok i found the recovery.. if i do thjis.. is this means all of my files will be deleted?

if u do the full system recovery  they will be deleted.. if you do the other option(frgot what its called) then no it wont.

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by wj on 01-22-2007 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rajvora
quote:

i had the same problem but mine wud restart as soon as it booted.. showing the blue screen of death fr a couple of sec.
some of the system files were corrupt..
i had to do a re-format!

quote:

if u do the full system recovery  they will be deleted.. if you do the other option(frgot what its called) then no it wont.

Take it to a computer store and have it serviced, It sounds like you do not have the knowledge to complete the task at hand.
RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by sweetflip4suh on 01-22-2007 at 05:45 PM

thers no option ... it only said " restores your to factory restore point" my OS cd recovry is built on my laptop..

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by plus on 01-22-2007 at 05:54 PM

well you can do what WJ said and save your files (for a fee) or you can do it my way for free but losing all you files :)

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by sweetflip4suh on 01-22-2007 at 06:07 PM

is the the only option i can do.. run the recovery.... is that what really causing the problem?

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by plus on 01-22-2007 at 08:14 PM

DO you have wlm if yes pm me your address

note: In a way this is helpful to sweetflip4suh

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by Voldemort on 01-22-2007 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .2007
note: In a way this is helpful to sweetflip4suh
No, it isn't. You will probably end up doing something wrong...
RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by FineWolf on 01-23-2007 at 04:30 PM

your BSODs are not related to WLM, that's for sure... Can you do what Mike says in the first page and please provide us with detailed error about your STOP error (Error number, description and registrars addresses).

.2007, BSODs are kernel errors and WLM cannot cause them. Device drivers, software hooking to the kernel, or software using emulation drivers can.

RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by plus on 01-23-2007 at 04:33 PM

NO

wlm for remote assistance

SO THERE

RE: RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by FineWolf on 01-23-2007 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .2007
NO

wlm for remote assistance

SO THERE

His laptop crashes at small intervals... And without seeing the data of the STOP error (which you can't via Remote Assistance), you can't possibly do good. And by the time he boots and gets on WLM, you'll prob. have a big 4 minutes to do whatever you wanted to do, which is not enough in such case.

Edit: I wouldn't post for a one thing reply, but this is a reply to the post right below this one:
^o)
RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by plus on 01-23-2007 at 04:41 PM

yes for what i was going to do it more than enough time

RE: RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by ryxdp on 01-25-2007 at 03:13 AM

I may be seeing it a different way, but:

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
please provide us with detailed error information about your STOP error

quote:

but it shuts off so fast that I cant read the error message

^o)
RE: RE: RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by FineWolf on 01-26-2007 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
I may be seeing it a different way, but:
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
please provide us with detailed error information about your STOP error

quote:

but it shuts off so fast that I cant read the error message

^o)

Thats where the "Can you do what Mike says in the first page" comes in...
RE: HELP: laptop Restart itself W/ blue Screen Error by scott2010_h on 01-26-2007 at 03:51 AM

Well it pretty much looks like your screwed. I had the same thing happpen but i took a picture with my digital camera of the blue screen of death and figured everything out.