Shoutbox

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ (/showthread.php?tid=70936)

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by FineWolf on 01-22-2007 at 05:19 PM

SweetIM and SmileyCentral are known to have some incompatibility problems with Messenger Plus! Live.

If you are experiencing some problems with MP!L  and you have at least one of those programs, please follow these steps before posting a new thread.

1. Uninstall SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral.
    You can uninstall a program via the “Add/Remove Programs” control panel applet. Simply select the program you want to uninstall and click the “Remove” or "Change/Remove" button. Note that SmileyCentral is labeled "My Web Search (Smiley Central)". You might also want to uninstall all "My Web Search" items you find there, including "Search Assistant - My Way".

2. Uninstall Messenger Plus! Live.
    You can uninstall a MP!L via the “Add/Remove Programs” control panel applet. Simply select the “Messenger Plus! Live” from the list and click the “Change/Remove” button.

3. Uninstall Windows Live Messenger.
    You can uninstall a WLM via the “Add/Remove Programs” control panel applet. Simply select the “Windows Live Messenger” from the list and click the “Remove” button.

4. Restart your computer.
    At this step, please restart your computer to make sure that all associated programs are closed on next boot.

5. Delete the Windows Live Messenger installation folder.
    This step is necessary to make sure that SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral didn’t leave any files behind that would cause some incompatibility problems. To delete the Windows Live Messenger installation folder, navigate to:

code:
    %PROGRAMFILES%\MSN Messenger

and delete all the files there. You may also delete the folder by going in the RUN dialog (Start -> Run…) and by typing the following command:

code:
    DEL /F /S /Q "%PROGRAMFILES%\MSN Messenger"

6. Delete SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installation folder.
    This step is necessary to make sure that SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral didn’t leave any files behind that would cause some incompatibility problems. To delete the SweetIM installation folder, navigate to (if the folder exists):

code:
    %PROGRAMFILES%\Macrogaming

and delete all the files and folders there. You may also delete the folder by going in the RUN dialog (Start -> Run…) and by typing the following command:

code:
    DEL /F /S /Q "%PROGRAMFILES%\Macrogaming"

To delete the SmileyCentral installation folder, navigate to the following two folders (if they exist):

code:
    %PROGRAMFILES%\FunWebProducts
    %PROGRAMFILES%\MyWebSearch

and delete all the files and folders there. You may also delete the two folders by going in the RUN dialog (Start -> Run…) and by typing the following commands, one at a time:

code:
    DEL /F /S /Q "%PROGRAMFILES%\FunWebProducts"
    DEL /F /S /Q "%PROGRAMFILES%\MyWebSearch"

7. Scan your system for malware.
    Some malware are known to reinstall SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral without your authorization. Scan your system for malware with Spybot Search & Destroy or with Ad-Aware SE and remove any malware detected by those utilities. You might want to reboot after your scan and do another scan to make sure no such malware is left running on your computer.

8. Restart your computer.
    At this step, please restart your computer to make sure that all associated programs are closed on next boot.

9. Reinstall Windows Live Messenger.
    You can get the most recent version here.

10. Reinstall Messenger Plus! Live.
    You can get the most recent version here.

11. Check if the problem persists.
    If the problem you were experiencing persists, feel free to post in these forums for help.

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by vikke on 01-22-2007 at 05:28 PM

It should work just uninstalling SweetIM and SmileyCentral, shouldn't it?

RE: RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by FineWolf on 01-22-2007 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
It should work just uninstalling SweetIM and SmileyCentral, shouldn't it?

In some cases yes but not in all. This is why I'm listing all the steps. Also note that no settings are lost.
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Marko on 03-09-2007 at 03:44 PM

I followed the steps and when i reinstalled Windows Live Messenger it wouldn't start. Some kind of error report. It said:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

What do I do???
Thanks in advance...

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by blue_baree on 04-18-2007 at 10:52 AM

its still not working HELP

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by lil eddy f on 07-21-2007 at 08:14 PM

When i try to remove SweetIM installition folder, it won't let me delete it? Is there another way i can delete it?

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Cessie on 08-13-2007 at 04:05 PM

I've tried every step of this and it still does not work, any ideas what to do?

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by helenuk on 08-24-2007 at 06:43 PM

I think its worked 4 me, hopefully (Y)

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Salem on 08-25-2007 at 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
[*]Delete the Windows Live Messenger installation folder.
This step is necessary to make sure that SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral didn’t leave any files behind that would cause some incompatibility problems. To delete the Windows Live Messenger installation folder, navigate to:

code:
%PROGRAMFILES%\MSN Messenger
[/list=1]

If you have Windows Live Messengers 8.5 (or newer) the installation folder is

code:
%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Live\Messenger

~Salem(@)
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by sk8ergurlz13 on 08-31-2007 at 09:47 PM

i dont undestand step 7..... so wat do i do???

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by vany on 09-23-2007 at 08:13 PM

it still doesn't work

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by jcrayne on 09-26-2007 at 04:57 PM

The proceedure set forth by FineWolf worked great for me. No more error.

RE: RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Id|0t4e on 10-23-2007 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lil eddy f
When i try to remove SweetIM installition folder, it won't let me delete it? Is there another way i can delete it?

I have that problem too...When i try to delete it, it doesen't let me...So i erased all the files i could, and there are only two files left that i can't delete...PLEASE HELP
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by thomas1069 on 10-30-2007 at 02:55 AM

Hey,

Some times if you rename the directory that the file you want to del are in. And then reboot your computer you will then or should be able to del the files and the directory.
Make sure you  remember what you renamed the directory to or to make it easy just add one letter to the name.
If it will not let you rename the directory then sorry.

hope this helps

RE: RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by junel on 03-23-2008 at 09:34 PM

Use this its called unlocker.
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/.
Right click the file you cant delete then just then press unlock 

quote:
Originally posted by thomas1069
Hey,

Some times if you rename the directory that the file you want to del are in. And then reboot your computer you will then or should be able to del the files and the directory.
Make sure you  remember what you renamed the directory to or to make it easy just add one letter to the name.
If it will not let you rename the directory then sorry.

hope this helps

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Nagamasa on 03-23-2008 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Id|0t4e
I have that problem too...When i try to delete it, it doesen't let me...So i erased all the files i could, and there are only two files left that i can't delete...PLEASE HELP
Try deleting it in Safe Mode.
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by CookieRevised on 03-24-2008 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Id|0t4e
Since you say you erased all the files you could, I assume that there were many more files than just those two. This means to me that you didn't properly _uninstalled_ the package _first_ like it is explained in the top post (step 1).

And did you rebooted (also like it is explained in the top post)?
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by djdannyp on 04-29-2008 at 09:48 PM

After SEVERAL instances of people needing to be directed to this thread, I think the title should be adjusted to include the main symptom - that Plus disappears upon restarting the computer.

It might save a lot of needless threads

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by kate_babe08 on 06-10-2008 at 05:07 PM

deleted sweetIM and re-installed Messenger Plus rtebooted laptop and seems to be working now...thank you :D

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Leslie T on 01-05-2009 at 10:41 PM

Hi all!

I have the following symptoms and need an urgent, official solution for it!

- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Live! Messenger 8.5.1302.1018
- Messenger Plus! 4.70

1. I tried to install the new Windows Messenger 2009 beta, but after I realized, somehow it always exit after 10-15 second without any reason, I uninstalled it. I was clear about that the Plus! isn't compatible (yet) with that version, so I didn't try it to install. It would have been enough for me if the newer MSN would have worked alone.

2. Okay, after that I decided to downgrade back to Windows Live! Messenger 8.5.1302.1018, and after installed Messenger Plus! 4.70.

BUT !!!

since that moment I couldn't solve the problem that Plus! never appears as if it would be installed into MSN.. :S Even if it's in the Add / remove programs list...
You can imagine.. I tried to follow FineWolfs' rows dozen times... but never solved anything.. :(

Other weird reflections:
- since that I've paid attention of the effect that when MSN is in the background (okay, now 'without' Plus), and after a while it always starts blinking on the taskbar. Since I always ran MSN WITH Plus, I don't know if it's normal or not.

As I remember, I had the whole same problem two years ago... and then there wasn't any WLM 9 or something.. and I had to wait until next update of Plus came.... :S

PLEASE HELP!!!
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Störtebecker on 01-06-2009 at 12:02 AM

live messenger plus also doesnt work on my pc.

and im sorry, im not english, maybe i have another expression for it, but whats

SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral.

I've never heard of it, so how can i uninstall it and where i can find it?

thank in advance..

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by MeEtc on 01-06-2009 at 12:03 AM

If you do not know what these are, then you probably do not have them.

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by Störtebecker on 01-06-2009 at 12:55 AM

yeah I was looking after them, but nothing found.
I think you are right, thanks

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by sergi313 on 05-26-2009 at 01:33 PM

When i try to uninstall the microgaming folder it sai that it requires authorization....

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by dancestar on 08-24-2009 at 12:29 PM

wont it delete all my contacts and everything on wlm if i uninstall it ?

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by CookieRevised on 08-24-2009 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dancestar
wont it delete all my contacts and everything on wlm if i uninstall it ?
What do you mean by "it"?

If you mean SmileyCentral or other addons:

No. SmileyCentral, nor the other addons have anything todo with your contactlist or the settings of Messenger. The contactlist is stored on the Microsoft servers and the settings in Messenger are managed by Messenger itself. The only thing you will loose is the added "functionality" which the addon added to Messenger.

If you mean Messenger itself:

You will only loose your program settings and custom content like display pictures and emoticons. Contactlists are stored on the Microsoft servers and thus aren't deleted. The only way to loose that is when you explicitly remove the contacts one by one in Messenger (or any other compatible IM client).
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by BeachyBabe on 09-12-2009 at 06:11 AM

Ive followed all these steps, i have windows vista and PLUS still isnt working .

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by djdannyp on 09-12-2009 at 08:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BeachyBabe
Ive followed all these steps, i have windows vista and PLUS still isnt working .

Take a look at this thread

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart
RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by TyR0n on 12-18-2010 at 12:08 PM

How could I check what programs I've installed? I mean where to find them.

RE: Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ by bookwyrm1181 on 05-29-2011 at 07:52 AM

I was having an issue where a whole bunch of random letters and numbers were appearing in my chat box, and even on the chat window. I didn't know what to do, whenever I deleted the numbers and letters they would simply reappear. I followed these instructions for removing imsweet, and now it's back to working perfectly.

THANK YOU.