Shoutbox

Xbox 360 Hard Drive - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Xbox 360 Hard Drive (/showthread.php?tid=70938)

Xbox 360 Hard Drive by Ptoye on 01-22-2007 at 06:13 PM

Well here's the deal,

Today in Business Studies i Won a Xbox 360 Core from Microsoft ( long story why :P)

So i had a look on the Game website, i was reading about the Hard Drive. Suposidly it's a 20GB one, but it also say's that its removable. so does this mean i could use this drive to store anything off my laptop, like music..videos..pictures...word docs. ...spreadsheets...CAD's....ect.....? so would i be able to use it as a normal drive that i could take to school and stuff for my grapical drawings?
Also i was reading about thats its wireless ready..but your able to buy a wireless network kit for it :S so is it wireless out of the box or do you need the adapter?

Thanks!

Pete. Toye

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by plus on 01-22-2007 at 06:32 PM

Dose it say what kind of  hdd it is?

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by vaccination on 01-22-2007 at 06:44 PM

I thought the Core pack didn't come with a HDD?

But i would of thought it was possible, you might have to format it first though..

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by Ptoye on 01-22-2007 at 07:21 PM

yeh i'me completly confuzed to weather it comes with a HDD or not :s it only says 20GB hard drive and slot. so i am not sure what type sorry

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by user27089 on 01-22-2007 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye
yeh i'me completly confuzed to weather it comes with a HDD or not :s it only says 20GB hard drive and slot. so i am not sure what type sorry

The core system only has the system with a wired controller, nothing else (it also doesn't have the chrome finish on the disk tray, which is fit, but yeah!), you'll need something as storage otherwise you won't be able to play any games, the hdd fits onto the top of the console and is removable, it's worth buying the 20gb one.

You can get third party hardware which allows the hard drive to be plugged into a computer, but there is no point really, the xbox acts as a media centre anyway really and files can be put on it using a usb flash drive.

quote:
Originally posted by Ptoye

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11275&mid=327028 That is what you need.

Or you could buy one of the crappy memory card type things, but they're rubbish so I wouldn't.
RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by Joe on 01-22-2007 at 08:42 PM

[Image: xbox360_4.jpg]
That's what the hard drive looks like.
It just clamps onto the xbox, doesn't have USB or anything of that sort. Although I have seen some transfer kits for you to maybe store infromation on either laptop or hard drive from whichever you want.

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by Ptoye on 01-22-2007 at 09:45 PM

o ok well i gueuss its free so i cant complain! but thanks guys... i geuss i will just have to buy the hard drive lol! soz 4 the bad spelin if there is any lol ime just tryin out that web and walk thing so on my phone!                       thanks again!          pete toye

RE: Xbox 360 Hard Drive by death_driver on 01-23-2007 at 11:36 PM

http://www.xbox-scene.com

everything you need to learn about the 360 and what you can do with it