Shoutbox

Can I stop Sign in notifications - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can I stop Sign in notifications (/showthread.php?tid=70981)

Can I stop Sign in notifications by mike_rosaro on 01-23-2007 at 07:30 PM

hi there,

I have searched the form but can't seem to find an answer. Is it possible to stop sending out sign in notifications. What I mean is I don't want my msn to let my whole contact list know that I just signed in.

I still want to be able to be online but need a way of stopping msn from sending the "mike_rosaro has just signed in" msg.

can this be done?

Thanks,
Mike

RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by vikke on 01-23-2007 at 07:38 PM

Nope, I'm sorry, this can't be done due to the protocol. :(
But it should work if both has a plugin installed, which kinda ruins the idea :)

RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by mike_rosaro on 01-23-2007 at 09:38 PM

Thanks Vikke,

I am actually suprized that you can't do that. I really think that I (the user) should be able to determain if I want to make it public when I sign in. I am fine with msn showing online but not msn going and telling my whole contacts when I signed in.

I just hate it when I get 10 im's immedietly when I sign in because people see that notification that pops up on their screen

Cheers,
Mike

RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by FineWolf on 01-23-2007 at 09:43 PM

Well, you could have a script that blocks all messages sent a minute after you sign in. That could fix your issue.

RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by mike_rosaro on 01-23-2007 at 09:52 PM

But wouldn't the users on the other side know that they are getting blocked?

I work in a big corp office and do application support… So I really couldn’t block them but would like to just sign in "quietly".

That way I can have a gradual start to my work day instead of getting bombarded all at once :)

RE: RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by FineWolf on 01-23-2007 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mike_rosaro
But wouldn't the users on the other side know that they are getting blocked?

I work in a big corp office and do application support… So I really couldn’t block them but would like to just sign in "quietly".

That way I can have a gradual start to my work day instead of getting bombarded all at once :)

The script could send them a message like:

"Please send me your message in a couple of minutes while I get ready for another day of work."

And no, they wouldn't know... The script will silently close the window if we do not send a message back.
RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by mike_rosaro on 01-23-2007 at 10:01 PM

FineWolf,

Thanks for the effort!! Although me and my colleagues actually love the idea but unfortunately we don't think our managers would appreciate the msg being sent out to the users who contact us. The solution really has to be in a way which the users can not notice.

Any other ideas

RE: Can I stop Sign in notifications by elektron44 on 01-24-2007 at 06:49 AM

just  sign  in  ... in offline mode     maybe that wil help  you ???