Shoutbox

Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. (/showthread.php?tid=71096)

Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. by DeathsAngel on 01-27-2007 at 04:21 PM

First I know that msgplus is not a spyware, so I do not want to see anyone spamming here to say that MSGPlus is not a spyware, I know it!

I just want to report the thing so the MSGPlus staff, like Patchou, could write to them and try to fix the "disagreement".

Here is the text that justify that MSGPlus is a spyware for ParetoLogic Xosftspy.

quote:
Description
Messenger Plus Live is a program that provides added functionnality to the microsoft instant messenger. It come bundled with the swizzor trojan as a "sponsor" program. The author had his MVP status revoked as a result of his association with well known spyware merchants.

RE: Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. by Menthix on 01-27-2007 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeathsAngel
The author had his MVP status revoked as a result of his association with well known spyware merchants.
Haha... that made me laugh. Strange description for software that takes itself seriously. You would think antispyware software detects threats based on technical data, not like "OMG, Patchou doesn't have an active MVP status anymore because some bloggers were upset and because of that Microsoft was too scared to express their opinion in public" :D.
RE: Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. by DeathsAngel on 01-27-2007 at 05:04 PM

yup pretty stupid I know :P but anyway would be nice if the compagny would change it :P

RE: Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. by Rolando on 01-27-2007 at 05:21 PM

:undecided: If you dont want the adware program, don't install it. Nobody forced nobody to install it.

And I think Patchou is already looking for alternate ways anyways..

But the thing is, the adware program needs to be there so MP!L can stay free.

RE: Xosftspy - Detect MSG plus a spyware. by DeathsAngel on 01-27-2007 at 05:23 PM

I installed it on my U3 device because I can scan for spywares when I get at school. I cant install Adware or spybot coz I don't have the admin right