Shoutbox

No1 can recieve my messages! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: No1 can recieve my messages! (/showthread.php?tid=71115)

No1 can recieve my messages! by BlueyBlue on 01-28-2007 at 10:25 AM

hey, so heres the thing, on here i see a couple of people saying, that people CANT tlk to them, and that they HAVE to start conversation to sum1 in order for them to tlk to them... ok?
well heres my problem...

I cannot speak to anyone, unless they tlk to me :'(, as soon as i log in, i can tlk away etc etc, then randomly sum time after, whoever im tlkin to stops tlking, i nudge them, try to send them files, draw pretty pictures, nothing works, they dont reply as if they aint there, (yes btw they are there as this is how i know its not working lol). i try everything, nothing works.

if i sign out, it takes a wee min, then it says
Unable to start converstation with *NAME*
etc....

and tells me how many times ive tried to start conversation.

the only way i can start tlkin again, for brief period of time is that if sum1 tlks to me, i can start tlkin again, then it dies....

anyone got any ideas? i know u said servers down, thats why people cannot start conversation with others, but would it have sumthing to do with mine?

RE: No1 can recieve my messages! by user27089 on 01-28-2007 at 10:33 AM

You may aswell try and reinstall windows live messenger, but do it the long way:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Windows Live Messenger. Once this is done go to C:\Program Files and delete the "MSN Messenger" folder. Then reboot your computer, one it's started up go to http://messenger.msn.com/ and download the latest version then install.

RE: No1 can recieve my messages! by M73A on 01-28-2007 at 10:57 AM

mine was doing this for a while.... it was affecting a few people on here aswell. it seems to have fixed itself, just give it sometime afaik its a server problem. mines working fine again :)

RE: No1 can recieve my messages! by BlueyBlue on 01-28-2007 at 12:37 PM

yea ive tried to reinstall, the way u said lots of times lol, so ill just sit back and hope it fixes itself :) thx btw

RE: No1 can recieve my messages! by iplaydead on 04-18-2007 at 04:20 PM

Actually I have got the same problem and it doesn't fix itself, my MSN has been working wrongly about three months now. And the uninstalling won't help, this is kinda weird but can anyone help me, please? :( Because it's really disturbing and some of my friends think that I don't want to talk to them but actually they just don't see my text. :S