Shoutbox

[Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in (/showthread.php?tid=71144)

[Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in by softskiller on 01-28-2007 at 08:38 PM

Hello is there an extension that i get a popup when someone of my list plugs in his webcam so i have not to check it manually all the time?
Because it only makes sense to ask for camaccess when the cam is pluged in.

RE: [Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in by Keikonium on 01-29-2007 at 03:08 AM

To request cam access (the usual way...) you open the convo window. And the contact will have a cam icon below their display picture if they have a cam plugged in. So you'd know if they had one.

And if they have it hidden, then they probably wouldn't accept your request anyways.

So I'm not sure what the point of this script is? Maybe I'm missing something, or read what you said and misinterpreted it?

RE: [Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in by softskiller on 01-29-2007 at 05:42 AM

Imagine you have 20 Friends in your list (or nice girls you know ;) ).
Many people only connect the cam for a short time and plug it off.
So i would have to open all friends to see if the icon is there
every half hour or so.
But with a plug-in that checks if someone attached his cam,
i will be notified immidiately and can ask for a session or simply
know that the person is using the cam with someone else.

RE: [Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in by Kenji on 01-29-2007 at 05:46 AM

This seems pretty useless IMO, if i plugged in my cam, i wouldnt want people asking to me to go on cam. maybe a privacy issue aswell? (:tongue:). and i dont think it is possible either...

RE: [Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in by Adeptus on 01-29-2007 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by softskiller
Many people only connect the cam for a short time and plug it off.
Really?  Can you explain why anyone would do that (except, perhaps, laptop users)? 

I certainly don't unplug any other peripherals when I am not actively using them, nor do I unplug my webcam.
RE: [Request] Alert when Friends Cam is Pluged in by softskiller on 01-29-2007 at 08:10 AM

Yes, laptop users (many university students have one) or people that fear trojans, where people from outside can see the camstream even the camowner did not turned it on himself.

To make it easier, i have a girl and she seldomly plugs her cam in,
but if its in, i can ask her to cam. So its important for me, to know when she
has it in, without checking every some minutes. ;)