Shoutbox

Changing the main window - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Changing the main window (/showthread.php?tid=71151)

Changing the main window by Masky on 01-28-2007 at 10:59 PM

I want to make a script that adds little buttons you can click on beside the Plus! button on the Main Window. How do I do that? And I want the buttons to bring someone to a web page.

Edit: I don't mean the menubar at the top.

-Masky :)

RE: Changing the main window by matty on 01-28-2007 at 11:16 PM

Not possible with a script.

I am not even quite sure how Patchou does it.

If I remember correctly, Patchou patches the ufile in memory and adds the button

RE: Changing the main window by Stigmata on 01-29-2007 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
If I remember correctly, Patchou patches the ufile in memory and adds the button

Yep thats how he does it.
RE: RE: Changing the main window by deAd on 01-29-2007 at 01:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Yes, he modifies the resources as they were loaded...there's a special message that can be sent to the Plus! message pump window that tells it to reload and repatch the resources, which was added for compatibility with skinning programs; specifically MemSkin+, which changes the resources Messenger loads as Messenger loads them, therefore removing the Plus! button...but not if you send the message :P
RE: RE: RE: Changing the main window by TheSteve on 02-08-2007 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
...which was added for compatibility with skinning programs; specifically MemSkin+, which changes the resources Messenger loads as Messenger loads them, therefore removing the Plus! button...but not if you send the message :P

That message only applies if you're changing the resources after MsgPlus has already patched it once. In order to get MsgPlus's icons to show up as well as yours, you need to modify the resource dynamically as opposed replacing it completely. In the case of MemSkin+, a special "hack" was required to allow MsgPlus to dynamically modify a skin's UIFILE and continue to modify it as the skin changes.

As for adding buttons via a script, you would need some sort of dll/activex component to leverage its way in to the GUI and create button.
RE: Changing the main window by Jimbo on 02-08-2007 at 05:12 PM

Or couldn't you just create a window then position on a certain point in the main window

RE: RE: Changing the main window by deAd on 02-08-2007 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
Or couldn't you just create a window then position on a certain point in the main window

That would be a really crappy way to do it :P