Shoutbox

Reinstall after I close or restart - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Reinstall after I close or restart (/showthread.php?tid=71152)

Reinstall after I close or restart by Marco091 on 01-28-2007 at 11:36 PM

Hey,
I have read other threads about this and i dont have any of the smily things on the computor.
I trying to run on Windows 2000 and it used to have messenger 7.0. (our other computor is running this to and Plus is working on that).
My Problem is that when ever I close Plus it needs to be reinstalled for me to run it again - I have looked in the drive and place I saved it but there isnt anything in there to launch Plus without having to reinstall it.
Thanks for your time and sorry if this has been asked and anwsered before.
Marco

RE: Reinstall after I close or restart by CookieRevised on 01-29-2007 at 12:08 AM

So you're running Messenger Plus! 3, correct?

In that case, try the other hooking methods available in the Plus! Preferences > General Options > Miscellaneous > Messenger Attach Method: 'Alternate Mode' or 'Default Mode Forced'.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=783515]

Also note that not only Smiley Central and similar Messenger addons might cause Messenger Plus! to fail to load, but also firewalls, certain internet security programs and even some anti-virus programs...

And note that if you have installed Messenger Plus! Live (=version 4) at one point, then uninstall that first and reinstall Messenger Plus! 3 since Messenger Plus! Live is not compatible with MSN Messenger 7.x and might disable/change the hooking method of Messenger Plus! 3.

RE: Reinstall after I close or restart by Marco091 on 01-29-2007 at 12:43 AM

Oh yep thats done it - Thanks alot mate!!
Cheers,
Marco