Shoutbox

Windows Vista - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Windows Vista (/showthread.php?tid=71200)

Windows Vista by Wally on 01-30-2007 at 01:08 PM

Windows Vista is finally released seeing the interview with bill gates is urging me to get it and upgrade my new computer but i am having doubts that its not really ready. what are your thoughts about it ?                                                                                                                                   

RE: Windows Vista by John Anderton on 01-30-2007 at 01:17 PM

I'm already using it. If you have the money to spare, a really powerful pc and nothing better to do, then sure you can upgrade now.
Imo people should wait a few months or so cause there are a few hardware companies who have been lame enough to not have not yet made their products fully compatibility yet.
That is just my opinion.

Anyway, xp is pretty good too. Everything worked perfectly on xp. No problems at all (after sp2 atleast 8-)) so I liked that as well.

Its your choice at the end of the day. Do you really want to spend all that for an os?

RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-30-2007 at 01:25 PM

i think its ready.. it has its pro's an cons, an with SP1 not far away i think the experience will be better if you buy it now, , ( im considering buying Vista Ultimate Upgrade, myself ) but as John said there are companies that havent released there drivers for it yet or are compatible, but what wont hurt is to buy it  now an install it say in a month or 2 time when all the companies have there drivers out for it,

RE: Windows Vista by Supersonicdarky on 01-30-2007 at 03:14 PM

if your computer can handle it, its worth it (if you get ultimate/home premium of course)

RE: Windows Vista by Snake on 01-30-2007 at 04:19 PM

I remember when my hardware was the best... now I doubt it will run Vista. Going to need to get some more ram and a new sound card :( mabey a video card to. Its going to be a wile before I see Vista.

RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 05:09 PM

On this note, I'd like to ask the question "What are the useful differences between Ultimate and Home Premium?"

RE: Windows Vista by duck! on 01-30-2007 at 05:09 PM

Im getting it once i get more ram for my desktop computer or laptop, then i will buy it and install it. The eye candy has tempted me :P
You should get it if you have the money :P and i think its only just about ready

RE: Windows Vista by Felu on 01-30-2007 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
On this note, I'd like to ask the question "What are the useful differences between Ultimate and Home Premium?"
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windows...itions/choose.mspx
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 05:20 PM

Thanks, I can see from that that I have no reason to buy Ultimate, I think I'm gonna get Home Premium...

BUT, can you use it on two PCs? I swear I read somewhere that you can only use it on one, and somewhere else that you can use it on up to 2.

RE: Windows Vista by Rodney on 01-30-2007 at 05:24 PM

I'm downloading it right now, free and legal through MSDN-AA. University rocks :P

RE: Windows Vista by xJ + on 01-30-2007 at 05:29 PM

I've tested the betas of Windows Vista, I'm still on RC2 btw, and I personally feel that it's not a rush in getting the final. The GUI looks cool and everything, the features, Ultimate Extra (for ultimate only, duh =P), etc, are tempting many worldwide.
Microsoft should really screw the idea of releasing Vista Home Basic. If those who haven tested or seen each editions properly and thought every editions have the Aero interface, etc, then those people will regret buying Vista if they buy Vista Home Basic that's.
Like what HSV said, it has Pros and Cons. Each Operating Systems and Softwares has them too. If one seriously wants it, then it's worth waiting for its first service pack to be relased before getting it. If I were you, I will wait for its Service Pack 1 to be released before getting it. In my opinion, Windows XP MCE is still a better choice.
My opinion chart:
Windows XP HE < Windows XP Pro > Windows 2000 > Windows ME > Windows 98SE > Windows 98 > Wndows 95
Windows XP MCE > Windows XP Pro > Windows XP HE
Windows XP MCE > Windows XP Pro > WIndows Vista HB
Windows XP MCE < Windows Vista Ultimate
Windows XP MCE > Windows Vista HP
Windows XP HE > Windows Vista HB
Windows XP HE > or = Windows Vista HP
Windows XP Pro > Windows Vista Enterprise
Windows XP Pro > or = Windows Vista Business
All Windows XP Editions < Windows Vista Ultimate
Legend » HB = Home Basic, HP = Home Premium, HE = Home Edition

quote:
Thanks, I can see from that that I have no reason to buy Ultimate, I think I'm gonna get Home Premium...

BUT, can you use it on two PCs? I swear I read somewhere that you can only use it on one, and somewhere else that you can use it on up to 2.
Activation up to two times.
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney
I'm downloading it right now, free and legal through MSDN-AA. University rocks 
Microsoft is losing money soon. So stop the downloading, although it's from MSDN, and buy it off from the stores. :P
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 05:38 PM

So that means I could split the cost of buying it with a friend and we could both have it?

Also can I ask why you think XP is only equal to Home Premium?

RE: Windows Vista by xJ + on 01-30-2007 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Also can I ask why you think XP is only equal to Home Premium?
huh? *-)
it's XP HE, not XP only.
Re-read the 'my opinion chart' again
quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
Windows XP HE > or = Windows Vista HP

RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 05:48 PM

Wow, I really typed that question wrong...

Can I ask why you think that XP Home Edition is better/as good as Vista Home Premium? I would have thought that Vista HP would be vastly superior to XP HE..

RE: RE: Windows Vista by Rodney on 01-30-2007 at 05:57 PM

quote:
quote:
Microsoft is losing money soon. So stop the downloading, although it's from MSDN, and buy it off from the stores. :P

Hehe, no way. Anyway, it's the Business version, you know what the differences are with Ultimate? (Yeah, I should Google that, but I'm lazy :P)
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 05:58 PM

quote:
you know what the differences are with Ultimate? (Yeah, I should Google that, but I'm lazy (Smilie))
quote:
Originally posted by Felu

RE: RE: Windows Vista by Rodney on 01-30-2007 at 06:11 PM

quote:
quote:
you know what the differences are with Ultimate? (Yeah, I should Google that, but I'm lazy (Smilie))
quote:
Originally posted by Felu

Seems I wasn't just lazy, I failed at reading the thread as well :(

Looks like I'll be missing out on Media Center, Bitlocker and Windows DVD Maker, and I probably would never use any of those. I don't think those features are worth an extra $60 either, if I had to buy it.
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 06:15 PM

That's what I was thinking, but xJ is saying that Ultimate is better than all the others and Home Premium isn't even better than XP Home Edition.. =/

I'm confused now.

RE: Windows Vista by xJ + on 01-30-2007 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Can I ask why you think that XP Home Edition is better/as good as Vista Home Premium? I would have thought that Vista HP would be vastly superior to XP HE..
I knew you will ask
The features in Vista HP are more or less similar to XP HE, exclude Media Center that's. Look at the comparison chart of Wins Vista, creating HD videos in Vista HP will be a trouble for those who has got lower RAM/processor power, although both XP and Vista HP don't have Movie Make in HD, still XP will need lesser RAM to create HD movies, using other video editing software that's, as compare to Vista HP. Vista itself needs 512MB of RAM minimium, while XP needs only 64MB of RAM minimium to operate, by adding more RAM (let's say to 3GB) to a XP based PC will increase the rendering speed of HD faster as compared a Vista HP based PC (3GB of RAM).
In addition, both Vista HP x32 and x64 have got its own individual maximium RAM that it can read whereas, I don't read anywhere saying that XP HE can only read up to this much of RAM. So for example if you are on a Wins XP HE PC, having more than 20GB of RAM, XP itself can read that much while Vista HP x32 and x64 can't.
Let's say the Quick search feature that's on all Vista editions, on XP, you can simply install Google desktop search or something alike, now XP also has got its very own IE 7, there'll still be a search bar at the right hand top coner, right? Vista itself also needs a minimium of 55GB (total) of space in order to run smoothly, while on XP, a total of 10GB (or perhaps lesser) of Space will run as smoothly as Vista.
If you install the google desktop search, it will only take up a few MBs.
Anyway, not as if Media Center is the only program that allows users to watch/view videos, movies, photos in a living room; when I bought my PC which is on Windows XP HE, it's also an entertainment center PC, without Media Center that's. It comes with a TV tuner card, and InterVideo for me to enjoy TV, Video, Photos, etc, like what Media Center can do. Though you have to buy the hardware and the software, there's no doubt about it.
By adding up the cost price of you buying a Vista HP PC, it will cost more than XP HE PC.
Most secure ever? HA! Vista still needs Anti-virus -.-" Isn't it similar to XP? If Microsoft says that Vista is similar to Mac and it's tested true, I will surrender! Futhermore, both Windows Firewall and Defender are available to XP HE SP2 also.... I shall end off here.
Hence, Vista HP < or = XP HE
This is purely my opinion, you can choose to listen or not to :P
Anyway, this is what I read and remembered:
Maximium RAM it can read.
- Vista HB x64 » 8GB
- Vista HP x64 » 16GB
- Vista Ultimate/Business x64 » up to 128GB

That's all (:

EDIT:
quote:
That's what I was thinking, but xJ is saying that Ultimate is better than all the others and Home Premium isn't even better than XP Home Edition.. =/
Ultimate holds all of the features including its Ultimate Extra. Hence it's better than all of the other editions :P however it's not worth investing your money in. :tongue:
Reason: It's way too expensive
RE: Windows Vista by Supersonicdarky on 01-30-2007 at 06:23 PM

i thought that 32 bit oss cant read more than 4gb of ram...

which leads me to ask, why is that 32bit systrems/oss are refered to as x86?

RE: Windows Vista by Weyzza on 01-30-2007 at 06:40 PM

quote:
So that means I could split the cost of buying it with a friend and we could both have it?
Read this article yourself :p
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
The architecture is called x86 because the earliest processors in this family were identified by model numbers ending in the sequence "86": the 8086, the 80186, the 80286, the 386, and the 486. Because one cannot establish trademark rights on numbers, Intel and most of its competitors began to use trademark-acceptable names such as Pentium for subsequent generations of processors, but the earlier naming scheme remains as a term for the entire family.

And also
quote:
A 32-bit address space would allow the processor to directly address only 4 GB of data, a size surpassed by applications such as video processing and database engines, while using the 64-bit address, one can directly address 16777216 TB (more than 16 billion MB) of data.
This is why Vista (and XP) cannot have more than 4GB RAM.
RE: RE: Windows Vista by xJ + on 01-30-2007 at 06:44 PM

quote:
And also
quote:
A 32-bit address space would allow the processor to directly address only 4 GB of data, a size surpassed by applications such as video processing and database engines, while using the 64-bit address, one can directly address 16777216 TB (more than 16 billion MB) of data.
This is why Vista (and XP) cannot have more than 4GB RAM.

Oh :$
I think I screwed that explanation there. Nevertheless, the rest of my explanation is, probably, hopefully, not "screwed" :tongue:, to why I think XP HE is still better or equal to Vista HP.
RE: RE: Windows Vista by Jesus on 01-30-2007 at 06:54 PM

quote:
both Vista HP x32 and x64 have got its own individual maximium RAM that it can read whereas, I don't read anywhere saying that XP HE can only read up to this much of RAM. So for example if you are on a Wins XP HE PC, having more than 20GB of RAM, XP itself can read that much while Vista HP x32 and x64 can't.

quote:
http://www.unipress.be/english/info/Max_physical_RAM_and_processors_windows.pdf
Windows XP Professional: 4 GB
I don't think Home Edition will support more than that...

quote:
Maximium RAM it can read.
- Vista HB x64 » 8GB
- Vista HP x64 » 16GB
- Vista Ultimate/Business x64 » up to 128GB

according to this site, those numbers are correct. But it's still more than XP can handle...

I know that it's just your opinion and I don't want to change anything about that.
just don't base your opinion upon unchecked "facts" when it's so easy to google them in an instant, that's all ;)
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 07:18 PM

Thanks Weyzza for clearing the multiple-user thing up, I guess I won't be splitting Vista with a friend then.

And xJ I get your argument and I mostly agree, however when I ran Vista (before it was identified as none genuine) I liked it and my PC is more than capable. I'm kind of on the fence. It's a money issue really, is it worth it?

RE: Windows Vista by Voldemort on 01-30-2007 at 09:01 PM

i have had it for quite a bit now... RC1 then RTM...

RE: Windows Vista by vaccination on 01-30-2007 at 09:07 PM

quote:
It's a money issue really, is it worth it?

I'd say, if you're okay with getting an OEM copy then yeah. If you want a retail version, then i dunno, it's pretty expensive =/

WSPP sounds like a bitch for illegal versions though ¬¬
RE: Windows Vista by Dr4g0n on 01-30-2007 at 09:09 PM

Well I've found a way around WSPP, but it's only a matter of time until it's fixed so I'm not using it as my main OS. =[

I think I may go for OEM HP when I have the money..

RE: Windows Vista by vaccination on 01-30-2007 at 09:35 PM

Hmm.

Well i recently bought Vista Ultimate OEM, £110 or something. So not to bad!

I couldn't be bothered with going through not having a legit copy, it can get a bit annoying especially as i imagine they're going to make it as hard as possible for Vista.

And i don't think i'll be changing any major hardware components soon so meh.

Still waiting for it to arrive though, stupid City Link :sad:

RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-30-2007 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
I'd say, if you're okay with getting an OEM copy then yeah. If you want a retail version, then i dunno, it's pretty expensive =/

compared to XP Vista is cheaper IMO ,   
RE: Windows Vista by Svip on 01-30-2007 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

compared to XP Vista is cheaper IMO ,
I may sound crazy, but "cheaper" is usually considered fact, and opinions aren't.  So how can it be cheaper in your opinion?  Unless in your opinion 4 is less than 3.
RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-30-2007 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Svip
I may sound crazy, but "cheaper" is usually considered fact, and opinions aren't.  So how can it be cheaper in your opinion?  Unless in your opinion 4 is less than 3.
imma rich lad, so to me those prices are just chicken feed
RE: Windows Vista by Supersonicdarky on 01-30-2007 at 11:26 PM

share your wealth with us, oh all mighty one =]

RE: Windows Vista by ddunk on 01-30-2007 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
Originally posted by Svip
imma rich lad, so to me those prices are just chicken feed
Good for you. That still doesn't change the fact that "cheaper" isn't an opinion.
RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-30-2007 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
Good for you. That still doesn't change the fact that "cheaper" isn't an opinion.
well consiering the amount of technology thats in Vista its pretty cheap MS had there chance to make us all pay over $1000 or closer to that amount for ultimate but they chose not to, but as i said, with all that technology thats in Vista security etc, ( best its ever gonna get ) i think IMO its pretty cheap
RE: Windows Vista by ddunk on 01-30-2007 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
well consiering the amount of technology thats in Vista its pretty cheap MS had there chance to make us all pay over $1000 or closer to that amount for ultimate but they chose not to, but as i said, with all that technology thats in Vista security etc, ( best its ever gonna get ) i think IMO its pretty cheap
Good. "Cheap" can be an opinion. "Cheaper" cannot.
RE: Windows Vista by ziegas on 01-31-2007 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Windows Vista is finally released seeing the interview with bill gates is urging me to get it and upgrade my new computer but i am having doubts that its not really ready. what are your thoughts about it ?                                                                                                                                   

In my opinion... I dont think Vista is ready.. its just that they finally released their final build... and all of the sudden they plan to release a Service pack for Vista, Im sure their still a lot of bug and loopholes on the said OS. And for sure their are limited software that supports Vista OS. Anyway its not like XP is already obsolete, their still a lot of people using it right?? Now you decide...

Me I'll just wait till Vista goes bloom... ;)
RE: Windows Vista by Voldemort on 01-31-2007 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ziegas
Im sure their still a lot of bug and loopholes on the said OS.
Aren't there bugs for different OSs still there?

RE: RE: Windows Vista by ziegas on 01-31-2007 at 01:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Im sure their still a lot of bug and loopholes on the said OS.
Aren't there bugs for different OSs still there?

Yup.. but not as much as with Vista..:P
RE: Windows Vista by Voldemort on 01-31-2007 at 02:30 AM

quote:
Yup.. but not as much as with Vista.
based on what?
have you actually tried it?

RE: Windows Vista by Rolando on 01-31-2007 at 02:48 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
Good. "Cheap" can be an opinion. "Cheaper" cannot.

Makes sense.. [/offtopic]

Anyways, I'm getting vista when I buy my new computer.
RE: Windows Vista by Wally on 01-31-2007 at 05:15 AM

has anyone found any major problems with vista im planning on getting it today anything i should know?

RE: Windows Vista by Kenji on 01-31-2007 at 05:23 AM

quote:
has anyone found any major problems with vista im planning on getting it today anything i should know?
No major problems here, only had one issue getting sound drivers for my laptop, thats it.
RE: Windows Vista by Wally on 01-31-2007 at 05:42 AM

Thanks Dazmo when i get it ill make sure the drivers work:P

RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-31-2007 at 05:43 AM

only issue i can see or know of, is if you use Winamp, it wont go into System tray

RE: RE: Windows Vista by ziegas on 01-31-2007 at 05:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Yup.. but not as much as with Vista.
based on what?
have you actually tried it?

Based on testing, Ive tried it from RC1 build 5600...both x86 and x64 thru the final build. Anyway my previous job is QA in 1 of the leading manufacturer of printers.. :P
RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-31-2007 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Based on testing, Ive tried it from RC1 build 5600...both x86 and x64 thru the final build. Anyway my previous job is QA in 1 of the leading manufacturer of printers.. :P

i haven't tried it at all, an i do believe its ready, infact IMO the best Windows that MS has put out, 

RE: RE: Windows Vista by ziegas on 01-31-2007 at 07:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:

i haven't tried it at all, an i do believe its ready, infact IMO the best Windows that MS has put out, 

I understand, you are a Windows diehard fan...  anyway its an OS X wanna be that cannot keep up.. with that more people will soon gonna switch to Mac.

Just my two cents..

No arguement here...  it depends on the users point of view...:P
RE: Windows Vista by Kenji on 01-31-2007 at 08:08 AM

IMO, Vista has more features than Mac, I was exploring around on one for a good few hours at my friends house the other day, he regrets asking for it. And IMO, its crap.

When i went to the PC store yesterday, there was tons of people waiting to get vista. I was lucky i got my PC, as they only had one left of the one i wanted. I have never seen so many people in my life o_o

RE: RE: Windows Vista by ziegas on 01-31-2007 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
IMO, Vista has more features than Mac, I was exploring around on one for a good few hours at my friends house the other day, he regrets asking for it. And IMO, its crap.

When i went to the PC store yesterday, there was tons of people waiting to get vista. I was lucky i got my PC, as they only had one left of the one i wanted. I have never seen so many people in my life o_o

Hahaha... Yeah right!  :P Im sure ur Uncle Bill will be proud of you.
RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-31-2007 at 10:12 AM

quote:

I understand, you are a Windows diehard fan
let me laff at that :rofl:

quote:
anyway its an OS X wanna be that cannot keep up.. with that more people will soon gonna switch to Mac.
do you work for digg.com? arent they Mac fan bois

RE: Windows Vista by surfichris on 01-31-2007 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmo
Not wanting to start a Windows vs. OS X argument here but OS X has had a built in photo management application (iPhoto), system wide search (Spotlight), extreme graphics acceleration (Quartz Extreme), a built in address book system (Address Book), calendaring system (iCal), and several other things for years and yet it takes Microsoft 5 years to put them in to an operating system?

You obviously didn't explore stuff very well.
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
I agree - and it's a pitty it took them so long to do it.

With that being said - I've been running it on my laptop since I got my free copy as a tester and installed a purchased copy on my desktop PC yesterday too.
RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-31-2007 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
agree - and it's a pitty it took them so long to do it.

With that being said - I've been running it on my laptop since I got my free copy as a tester and installed a purchased copy on my desktop PC yesterday too.
iv'e just forked out for Windows Vista Ultimate :) ,,i was gonna get Home Premium but i believe With Samba shares it really only works with Ultimate, from what i read in neowin.net forums anyway
RE: Windows Vista by surfichris on 01-31-2007 at 12:23 PM

Samba shares would be fine - it's only joining a domain/active directory network that you wouldn't be able to do with Home Premium - but even with that you can still browse them.

Did you end up getting an OEM copy or paying the full $700?

RE: Windows Vista by Hank on 01-31-2007 at 12:27 PM

i ended up buying the full Retail, , i still have yet to recieve it, so i'll more than likely install it next week

How To Setup Samba Shares With Vista Guide

RE: Windows Vista by user35870 on 01-31-2007 at 02:02 PM

I've ordered Windows Vista Home Premium - OEM, should be here soon :).

RE: Windows Vista by Wally on 01-31-2007 at 02:36 PM

may i ask if people can say were they got there copy of vista and how did they get it?, just to make it easier for me and maybe even get it from the same place.:undecided:

RE: Windows Vista by user35870 on 01-31-2007 at 02:50 PM

quote:
may i ask if people can say were they got there copy of vista and how did they get it?, just to make it easier for me and maybe even get it from the same place.(Smilie)

Here you go, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=33&catid=20 :).
RE: Windows Vista by MeEtc on 01-31-2007 at 03:10 PM

quote:
I don't have it on my software list yet...

I won't be able to install it anyway, system specs aren't high enough
RE: Windows Vista by Chancer on 01-31-2007 at 06:14 PM

MSDN offers which version??
I have to wait some months till I get mine =[

RE: Windows Vista by Exca on 01-31-2007 at 08:54 PM

I downloaded from MSDN and got business edition activation key..

RE: Windows Vista by Chancer on 01-31-2007 at 09:09 PM

How much GBs does it have?
Full DVD?

RE: Windows Vista by Supersonicdarky on 01-31-2007 at 09:40 PM

regular: under 3gb (i think)
aio: 4.3gb <--- i have that (all versions, 32 and 64 bit)

RE: Windows Vista by Chancer on 01-31-2007 at 09:44 PM

OMG...and must I download everything w/o stop?

RE: Windows Vista by Exca on 01-31-2007 at 10:00 PM

No it's in 4 parts. I downloaded the CD version because dvd version was to busy... don't know if I have 64 bit version on it, but I can select all types of Vista + 2 other ones i don't clearly know what they are (read i don't remember ;) )

RE: Windows Vista by absorbation on 01-31-2007 at 10:43 PM

It's an improvement yes, but I believe Microsoft yet again have failed to produced something revolutionary in computer software. It had so much potential, eventually Microsoft will strike gold, and produce something imaginative.

I believe although Vista is now getting computers out of the office, and all around the home is a great idea, it's just way too expensive to do for most families.

RE: RE: Windows Vista by Chancer on 02-01-2007 at 01:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
No it's in 4 parts.

:D good it'll be easier :P
RE: RE: Windows Vista by Exca on 02-01-2007 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
It's an improvement yes, but I believe Microsoft yet again have failed to produced something revolutionary in computer software. It had so much potential, eventually Microsoft will strike gold, and produce something imaginative.

I believe although Vista is now getting computers out of the office, and all around the home is a great idea, it's just way too expensive to do for most families.

So the office will switch to mac you say? I hate people doing that...
Microsoft OS really isn't bad, and the only reason why people wouldn't want to use it is not to participate with the microsoft's monopoly.
Really I work on both Mac and PC and compared, they work both like it should.
RE: Windows Vista by Chancer on 02-02-2007 at 05:18 PM

Hey guys....gimme some info:

You ppl who live in no-english language countries, have you got local versions of Vista or just english?

and another thing:
I was reading something about justifying why I want the program
is it really needed?

RE: Windows Vista by Matti on 02-02-2007 at 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
You ppl who live in no-english language countries, have you got local versions of Vista or just english?
Yes, I'm running Vista 64-bit in English, but because I'm on an Ultimate edition I can get MUI packs. So, now Vista's in Dutch for me! :D

The only thing that's bothering me is the fact that the Windows Speech Recognition isn't available in Dutch and doesn't want to let me choose the language for it... :(
RE: Windows Vista by Joe on 02-02-2007 at 05:53 PM

I dished out the money today. I figured I'd have to do it some time, why not now.

RE: Windows Vista by Thor on 02-02-2007 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
Yes, I'm running Vista 64-bit in English, but because I'm on an Ultimate edition I can get MUI packs. So, now Vista's in Dutch for me! :D

The only thing that's bothering me is the fact that the Windows Speech Recognition isn't available in Dutch and doesn't want to let me choose the language for it... :(

Same thing, except I live in Norway, and I was quite shocked when I saw that they'd actaully managed to finish it. :P
RE: Windows Vista by Chancer on 02-03-2007 at 03:09 PM

where did you downloaded that MUI pack?