Shoutbox

PC Gameplay Graphics Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PC Gameplay Graphics Help (/showthread.php?tid=71247)

PC Gameplay Graphics Help by LoochTheMan on 01-31-2007 at 07:39 PM

I bought NFS: Most Wanted for my PC, however when I set the in game display settings to any resolution higher than 800x600, the game is very choppy and doesnt run smoothly (my screen resolution is really 1440X900). I'm thinking it has something do do with my video card, which I believe is an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series, so I think (let me know if thats not a video card). Is there any settings i can change on my computer that will help me play games with a higher resolution with faster gameplay, or is my video card just garbage and doesnt support it.

Thanks.

RE: PC Gameplay Graphics Help by Vilkku on 01-31-2007 at 07:56 PM

The resolution you use on your desktop doesn't have anything to do with the resolution you should use in games. Also (don't quote me on this) Radeon Xpress cards aren't really made for gaming, and I don't think you can get it to run better without changing your graphics card.

RE: PC Gameplay Graphics Help by user27089 on 01-31-2007 at 08:03 PM

Chances are that it's changing the graphics back because your graphics card can't handle it. The game has great graphics and is hard to run on such graphics cards.

RE: RE: PC Gameplay Graphics Help by LoochTheMan on 01-31-2007 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Chances are that it's changing the graphics back because your graphics card can't handle it. The game has great graphics and is hard to run on such graphics cards.

It doesnt change them back, it just runs the game very slowly and is choppy. But I guess it is due to my graphic card, i'll just have to settle. Thanks for the help.