Shoutbox

MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=71290)

MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by warlander on 02-01-2007 at 06:38 PM

Yesterday someone crashed my msn messenger, as in, it just closed with no error messages or anything. He's not a computer genious or anything so i'm sure it's not that advanced, but i just can't seem to figure it out. It looked like he sent me a recorded clip (sound clip). It said Play/Stop, etc., exactly as if he had sent me a sound clip (except there was no picture of that chat box thing). So i clicked it, but then my msn just shut off =S.

Anyone have any idea what this is? The play/stop text was blue and underlined..  i don't think it was linked to a site or anything (because a) no browser opened b) err.. can u even link text?)

RE: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by Thor on 02-01-2007 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warlander

Anyone have any idea what this is? The play/stop text was blue and underlined..  i don't think it was linked to a site or anything (because a) no browser opened b) err.. can u even link text?)

You can't link text in WLM, no that's right, you can't. I guess something went wrong, probably an error (bug) that appeared.

Try upgrading to the latest version, and if you're using MSN Messenger, I recommend you to download Windows Live Messenger.
RE: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by warlander on 02-01-2007 at 06:50 PM

so you think it was just fluke that it happened? and yea, i'm using the latest msn messenger.

i thoght he meant to do it on purpose, because he's one of those annoying types online.
hmm..

RE: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by ryxdp on 02-02-2007 at 10:10 PM

You're using the latest WLM? 8.1?

I'd like to remind everyone that 8.1 is unstable and so probably is the cause of this odd happening.

EDIT: I wasn't aware 8.1 was final:S

RE: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by Thor on 02-02-2007 at 10:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia
You're using the latest WLM? 8.1?

I'd like to remind everyone that 8.1 is unstable and so probably is the cause of this odd happening.
8.1 isn't a beta anymore. :)

So you cannot consider it unstable. But even a stable release may have bugs, that is.
RE: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by aido727 on 02-03-2007 at 01:21 AM

the only way i know how to crash msn (or have mine crashed) is to send lines and lines of the same emoticon, and it doesnt actually crash msn, it freezesand never recovers

RE: MSN Messenger: Crashing other people's Messenger by markee on 02-03-2007 at 01:39 AM

Sometimes I have this problem when I try opening a file after it has been sent to me, I'm quite sure it is because of the linking through the text like Nitro said.