Shoutbox

I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( (/showthread.php?tid=71310)

I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by macnz03 on 02-02-2007 at 12:16 PM

I've read through the appropriate threads, I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled countless times, I've deleted files, I've re-booted, I've screamed... maybe even shed a tear... but still I can't get the Messenger Plus to work, its just not showing up on my new Windows Live.

The old one worked fine with the old messenger 7.5, I wish I never changed it now.

The images on my messenger (emoticons, spining log-in logo etc) are all messed up too, most of them have a black box as a background, others have lines through them.
If I can solve the picture thing then I'm pretty sure the Plus! will work.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated! (Y)

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by Sunshine on 02-02-2007 at 12:26 PM

I suggest you do a completely fresh install (yeah, this means loosing your custom content aswell):

1. Follow all instructions (point 1 to 9) provided in Completely remove (MSN/Windows Live) Messenger
2. Redownload and install the latest WLM (8.1.0178) at http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
3. Redownload and install latest Plus!Live from http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

RE: RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by macnz03 on 02-02-2007 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I suggest you do a completely fresh install (yeah, this means loosing your custom content aswell):

1. Follow all instructions (point 1 to 9) provided in Completely remove (MSN/Windows Live) Messenger
2. Redownload and install the latest WLM (8.1.0178) at http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
3. Redownload and install latest Plus!Live from http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

Hey, thanks Sunshine.
I went through all the steps as suggested, but it didn't work. :(
Messenger Plus still doesn't appear on my Windows Live Messenger,
seems like I'm just going to have to get used to life with no 'Plus!'.
RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by Sunshine on 02-02-2007 at 05:02 PM

Are you sure nothing prevented installation (AV program, AdWatch, no admin priviledges on account)?

Wich OS (Windows version) are you using? You could try to boot into safe mode and install Plus! on the account called "administrator".

Are there any (error) messages after you installed Plus!Live?

RE: RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by macnz03 on 02-04-2007 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Are you sure nothing prevented installation (AV program, AdWatch, no admin priviledges on account)?

Wich OS (Windows version) are you using? You could try to boot into safe mode and install Plus! on the account called "administrator".

Are there any (error) messages after you installed Plus!Live?

I went through the 9 steps again, I even deleted my anti virus and anti spyware before I redownloaded. It still won't work.
After downloading the plus! this time, it tried to automaticaly sign into MSN but a message popped up saying the service was temporarilly unavailable. That's all I get as far as an an error message.
I'm using Windows XP.

I think it must be a problem with MSN rather than 'plus!'.:(

Thanks again for your help Sunshine!(Y)
I'm guessing the sign-in logo isn't supposed to have a black box for a background? My emoticons are the same.
Whatever is causing this is stopping the 'plus!' from integrating itself? maybe? :S

[Image: msnsign.jpg]
RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 02-20-2007 at 08:52 AM

I have the same exact problem as macnz03...
I just miss ML!P :(

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by vikke on 02-20-2007 at 03:22 PM

Could be a MSIMG32.dll problem, because AlphaBlend is one of it's functions.

Do you have a file called msimg32.dll in your Windows directory?
Do you also have one in the Messenger directory?
And do you have any firewall or other addons?

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 02-21-2007 at 05:41 AM

No... i donthave msimg32.dll in my Windows Directory
I do however have one in my Msn Messenger Directory...
And No, I dont have a firewall or other addons, other than the Windows Firewall

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by vikke on 02-21-2007 at 07:50 AM

Download attached DLL, and put in Windows directory.
You'll need to rename it to msimg32.dll, because this board doesn't allow such files :o. Tell me when you downloaded it, and then I'll remove the attachment.

Ps. By Windows directory, I mean the System32 folder.

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 02-21-2007 at 09:44 AM

I downloaded it

quote:
Originally posted by vikke

Ohhh so you meant the Windows Directory was the System32  =s
My bad then, I do have msimg32.dll in there... =\

So yea... we're back to square one...
Msg Plus! Still don't work, and I still get the crappy black box background for the sign in logo and emoticons... =\

RE: RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by vikke on 02-21-2007 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainObvious
quote:
Originally posted by vikke

Ohhh so you meant the Windows Directory was the System32  =s
My bad then, I do have msimg32.dll in there... =\

So yea... we're back to square one...
Msg Plus! Still don't work, and I still get the crappy black box background for the sign in logo and emoticons... =\

That's my fault, sorry :^). I have no idea what's wrong.. 8-)
RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by markee on 02-21-2007 at 09:57 AM

Have you installed any other add-ons such as SmileyCentral or SweetIM?  If so, please look at the thread, Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ.

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 02-21-2007 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee

Have you installed any other add-ons such as SmileyCentral or SweetIM?  If so, please look at the thread, Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ.

No I havent -_- I havent installed anything like that =\
RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 02-23-2007 at 09:24 AM

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEEEEASE ='[

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 03-01-2007 at 06:15 AM

Fiiiiiiine...

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by MattyRid on 03-01-2007 at 06:56 AM

Have you even tried with the latest version just released, prefore you made your most recent post? bet not.

RE: RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by Salem on 03-01-2007 at 01:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
Have you even tried with the latest version just released, prefore you made your most recent post? bet not.

Yeh i think you should try installing version 4.20 (released early this morning). Maybe the new build will fix it.
RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 03-02-2007 at 05:04 AM

thanks =] i'll try it now

Didn't work...

It's something got to do with the WLM...
its like preventing it from intergrating...

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by Salem on 03-02-2007 at 08:49 AM

This is really odd.

So you only have Windows Live Messenger & MessengerPlus! Live right? No other add-ins/plugins (like StuffPlug 3, MessengerDiscovery X, Messenger:Mate etc.), patches (like MessPatch, A-Patch etc), skins?

Also, what version of Windows Live Messenger do you have? You using 8.1.0178 as Sunshine suggested above.

Sorry if this has been asked before. This is a really strange problem, which must be caused by something.

~Salem(@)

RE: RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 03-02-2007 at 10:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Salem
This is really odd.

So you only have Windows Live Messenger & MessengerPlus! Live right? No other add-ins/plugins (like StuffPlug 3, MessengerDiscovery X, Messenger:Mate etc.), patches (like MessPatch, A-Patch etc), skins?

Also, what version of Windows Live Messenger do you have? You using 8.1.0178 as Sunshine suggested above.

Sorry if this has been asked before. This is a really strange problem, which must be caused by something.

~Salem(@)

Yea i don't have any other things like addins or plugins and such,
i have the newest WLM [8.1.0178] and installed the newest MP!L [4.20.262]

It just wont work :S
makes me wanna cry:(
RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CookieRevised on 03-03-2007 at 01:47 AM

Have you followed Sunshine's advise, to the letter?

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 03-03-2007 at 04:57 PM

Yes, Twice

And still nothing...

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by thanee on 03-07-2007 at 01:48 AM

I still have a problem like as CaptainObvious too.

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by hopesoap on 03-08-2007 at 03:20 AM

Ditto.

Sometime in the last week I suspect, Plus went AWOL. :| I've tried reinstalling, and it just doesn't "take". It came back for a bit this morning, and I thought my troubles were gone, but when I signed back in this evening, POOF! no Plus.

I miss tabbed chat windows! :(

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by MattyRid on 03-08-2007 at 04:38 AM

I can only suggest one thing...SEARCH your computer long and hard for anything relating to Smiley Central, SweetIM or anything else.

If you use any patches, just don't install them.

Other than that what Sunshine has said should work to the letter. And it wouldn't surprise me if you missed something while you were doing it which can happen even though you deny it.

RE: I still cant get MP!L to integrate! :( by CaptainObvious on 03-08-2007 at 06:58 AM

Uhh... no I didn'tmiss anything, and I have not installed or anything like Smiley Central...