Shoutbox

Contact groups messed up 8.1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Contact groups messed up 8.1 (/showthread.php?tid=71337)

Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Odin.EXE on 02-03-2007 at 09:25 AM

I downloaded and installed WLM 8.1.0178.00 and used APatch after that and sometime i notice my contact group is messed up. It was normal evertime I login and the contact will jump randomly to other groups sometime. I have to exit msn and reopen and it will fix it. But this problem keep happening.. It's annoying.

Does anyone have it too? :(

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by MattyRid on 02-03-2007 at 09:35 AM

Have you tried without APatch installed to see if the same thing still happens?

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Felu on 02-03-2007 at 09:44 AM

Try clearing your contacts cache.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Exit WLM and delete the two contact caches (folders) corresponding with your
    passport in the following folders:
    %userprofile%\contacts
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    (fastest way to get there is to go to start > run..then type in the folders as i put them above)

After that restart WLM and sign in again...now note that first sign in might take a little longer as WLM will have to get your contactlist from the server. How long it takes depends on the number of contacts you have on your list.

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Odin.EXE on 02-04-2007 at 04:44 AM

I tried both way you guys said but it won't work. If I send my msn to the taskbar for sometime it will screw up my contact :(

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by RebelSean on 02-04-2007 at 11:00 AM

You say it started happening after you patched your installation with A-Patch, try repairing your installation via the Add/Remove programs panel and see if the problem is still occuring. If it isn't, patch your installation and let me know exactly what options you choose and I'll let Ahmad know that there's a problem with his patch.

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Odin.EXE on 02-07-2007 at 05:45 AM

I tried doing repair and well it still happen. I don't think it's Ahmad's patchs fault.

Somehow my WLM doesn't remember setting I do. Whenever I set my Background it always revert to white colour one after i logout (I aready Set Default) and not only that =/ those offline contact will have their old nick around december o_o

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Felu on 02-07-2007 at 10:01 AM

Do you have the Remove now playing psm option enabled in APatch? I believe thats what is causing it.

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Eddie on 02-07-2007 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Do you have the Remove now playing psm option enabled in APatch? I believe thats what is causing it.
If hes done a repair doesn't the patch no longer exist "within" MSN (Windows Live) Messenger??

RE: Contact groups messed up 8.1 by Odin.EXE on 02-08-2007 at 04:32 PM

Yep I done a repair and the patch no longer exist. I tried to remove WLM before. I mean a fully remove even the registery but it doesn't fix my contact problem.

(The one I said before:

quote:
Whenever I set my Background it always revert to white colour one after i logout (I aready Set Default) and not only that =/ those offline contact will have their old nick around december