Shoutbox

Is it possible? (streaming audio) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Is it possible? (streaming audio) (/showthread.php?tid=71346)

Is it possible? (streaming audio) by jameslives on 02-03-2007 at 06:05 PM

hey all

i was wondering, is it possible to use my audio output as a input source type of thing

like if i have a voice convo with someone i want to be able to stream what i hear from my comp

its possible with webcams to stream your screen so i guess it should be possible for sound too

would be really useful if someone knew how

RE: Is it possible? by Baggins on 02-03-2007 at 07:07 PM

Yes, I can't seem to find it here, but in your audio devices in the control panel, find 'Stereo Mix' and set is as the default. Then tell wlm to use that as the audio source.

RE: Is it possible? (streaming audio) by jameslives on 02-03-2007 at 08:25 PM

its not there
both speakers and recording are set to my drivers name (Avance or somethin) nothin else in list

RE: Is it possible? (streaming audio) by CookieRevised on 02-04-2007 at 01:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Baggins
Yes, I can't seem to find it here, but in your audio devices in the control panel, find 'Stereo Mix' and set is as the default. Then tell wlm to use that as the audio source.
It is not always 'stereo mix' as that highly depends on manufacture, driver, software, etc...

@jameslives, first make sure your audio card actually does support 'full duplex' mode, which is playing and recording at the same time...

Anyways, always search forums before.... blahblah... you know the drill.

But seriously, full members should surely know that most stuff is already answered on these forums, no?

As for this question, it has been answered many times (so it isn't like finding some obscure single thread in all the thousands of threads):

CookieRevised's reply to Recording
also read:
  My replies to:
    Record Line Out & Microphone
    Make programs think that...
    Recording Sound??
    MSN audio coversation
  etc...

;)
RE: Is it possible? (streaming audio) by jameslives on 02-04-2007 at 01:21 PM

great, thanks cookie, sorry for not searching, i had my reasons at the time...