Shoutbox

Need help(Really need help ASAP) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Need help(Really need help ASAP) (/showthread.php?tid=71348)

Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Pengo on 02-03-2007 at 06:20 PM

my asshole of a friend spammed me with offline msgs and everytime i log onto msn my msn freezes. Is there anyway i can do to log back on msn?

RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by MeEtc on 02-03-2007 at 06:22 PM

try going on webmessenger
http://webmessenger.msn.com

RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Rolando on 02-03-2007 at 06:24 PM

You can log-in and wait until it unfreezes. But for that you need a "good" computer or not do anything else and leave the computer waiting, it'll unfreeze in a minute or two.

Or if that doesn't work, you could try blocking the contact, if you're fast enough :undecided:

Maybe blocking him on webmessenger and then going on msn will solve the problem. :)

RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Voldemort on 02-03-2007 at 06:26 PM

IIRC.... windows messenger won't show offline messages.... you could try, and block him there...

RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Pengo on 02-03-2007 at 06:28 PM

if i block him then unblock him(he is my best mate) will i get the offline msgs he sent after i unblock? How i block him with web msn? he is offline

RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Rolando on 02-03-2007 at 06:31 PM

Try doing it with windows messenger like Voldie said. I think you'll get the messages as soon as you unblock him though but blocking him on windows messenger and then deleting him on Windows Live Messenger might help (then re-adding him afterwards).., I'm not sure though. I'll edit if I find a more convenient way to do this.

EDIT:

I found the answer. Block him on windows messenger then sign-in on WLM. Go to tools, options and then messages. There select the option that says "Show me a LINK to the messages I received while offline"

That'll do.

Here's a picture just in case:

[Image: offlineproblem.PNG]

I guess you can change it back after you've clicked the link to his offline message. (Or received the link)
RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Pengo on 02-03-2007 at 06:33 PM

Ok i blocked him and can log on WLM now :D. Thanks. But the strange thing is he spammed me with custom icons and i dont have the show custom icons box ticked :S.(Its 5:33am im off to bed will check what u guys say when i wake up)
Ps. is there away i can get him back somehow? cause im :@

RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by Rolando on 02-03-2007 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pengo
Ok i blocked him and can log on WLM now :D. Thanks. But the strange thing is he spammed me with custom icons and i dont have the show custom icons box ticked :S.(Its 5:33am im off to bed will check what u guys say when i wake up)
Ps. is there away i can get him back somehow? cause im :@

Read my edited post above.
RE: Need help(Really need help ASAP) by absorbation on 02-03-2007 at 06:45 PM

I find it shocking how the program doesn't have any anti-flood method in it. I suggest turning off offline messages from automatically popping up, and leave a link to them instead :).