Shoutbox

Upgrading to Vista - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Upgrading to Vista (/showthread.php?tid=71364)

Upgrading to Vista by davidpolitis on 02-04-2007 at 08:37 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows if I would be able to upgrade a PIRATED version of Windows XP Home Edition v.2002, SP2 to Windows Vista Home Basic.

Thanks,
David.

RE: Upgrading to Vista by Kenji on 02-04-2007 at 09:06 AM

Yup.

RE: Upgrading to Vista by davidpolitis on 02-04-2007 at 09:07 AM

Thanks Dazzy.

I was just wondering coz I thought it might do some system check and I don't wanna waste 200 bucks :P

RE: Upgrading to Vista by kao on 02-04-2007 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
Thanks Dazzy.

I was just wondering coz I thought it might do some system check and I don't wanna waste 200 bucks :P
You still are wasting 200 bucks.
RE: Upgrading to Vista by RebelSean on 02-04-2007 at 10:55 AM

You might consider this offtopic, but I'm curious. Are you upgrading to a pirated version of Vista too, or did you actually buy it?

RE: Upgrading to Vista by Zahid™ on 02-04-2007 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
You might consider this offtopic, but I'm curious. Are you upgrading to a pirated version of Vista too, or did you actually buy it?
quote:
I don't wanna waste 200 bucks

RE: Upgrading to Vista by RebelSean on 02-04-2007 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:
I don't wanna waste 200 bucks

I missed that :p.

quote:
Originally posted by kao

You still are wasting 200 bucks.

Indeed, home edition sucks. Ultimate is teh shiz :tongue:.
RE: Upgrading to Vista by Chestah on 02-04-2007 at 12:11 PM

I thought Vista Upgrade editions did check to ensure XP had a valid and activated product key?

RE: Upgrading to Vista by user35870 on 02-04-2007 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I thought Vista Upgrade editions did check to ensure XP had a valid and activated product key?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they do.
RE: Upgrading to Vista by davidpolitis on 02-05-2007 at 01:28 PM

I haven't bought it yet man, and I can't get Vista Pirated coz no-one will give it to me and I can't download it coz my nets crap.

And the reason why I want Home Basic is coz it uses up way less hard drive space.

RE: Upgrading to Vista by xJ + on 02-05-2007 at 02:39 PM

quote:
And the reason why I want Home Basic is coz it uses up way less hard drive space.
So what if it uses less hardisk space? By adding a few more dollars, you can get a Home Premium instead. In my opinion, the price for Home Basic is the most unreasonable one, followed by Ultimate. The price of Home Premium is reasonable. Don't ask me why, just go to windowsvista.com and check the comparison chart.
quote:
I can't get Vista Pirated coz no-one will give it to me
Of course they won't if they've downloaded it off from Microsoft's server, in addition, they are windows vista beta testers.
And what for getting a pirated one when the genuine one can gain more benefits from Microsoft in the coming future.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris UK
quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Yes, I'm pretty sure they do.
Indeed, upgrade editions check for the valid activation code. Buy the retail full version if you are using pirated windows xp.
RE: Upgrading to Vista by steVenB on 02-06-2007 at 10:20 PM

Hey peeps, Im not very computer savvy so I need a bit of advice. Can my processor handle vista 64X ? Its an Intel Centrino Duo 1.83ghz.
Thanks

RE: Upgrading to Vista by Supersonicdarky on 02-06-2007 at 11:37 PM

if it is a 64bit processor (and it seems like it is), your computer can handle vista 64

i installed ultimate on an amd turion 64 and works fine

RE: Upgrading to Vista by -dt- on 02-07-2007 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
if it is a 64bit processor (and it seems like it is), your computer can handle vista 64

i installed ultimate on an amd turion 64 and works fine
depends on your video card and ram too...
RE: Upgrading to Vista by Apatik on 02-07-2007 at 03:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-

The installation of Vista x64 is not bound to your video card or even your amount of RAM, but only to your CPU specs... And no, a Core Duo processor does NOT have x64 capabilities (whereas Core 2 Solo/Duo does...).
RE: Upgrading to Vista by Supersonicdarky on 02-07-2007 at 03:35 AM

sorry, i was being blind. i thought that the 64 was for his processor, didnt even notice the Core 2 there ;<

RE: Upgrading to Vista by -dt- on 02-07-2007 at 03:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-

The installation of Vista x64 is not bound to your video card or even your amount of RAM, but only to your CPU specs... And no, a Core Duo processor does NOT have x64 capabilities (whereas Core 2 Solo/Duo does...).
yes the installation isnt, but aero is :(
RE: Upgrading to Vista by Apatik on 02-07-2007 at 12:32 PM

true, but we were talking about installing Vista x64, not about Vista and its features ;)

RE: Upgrading to Vista by dbgarza on 02-13-2007 at 04:29 AM

Just be carefull when you update to Vista over an installation of Windows XP or 2000, I heard that when you install Vista over XP or Windows 2000 the old license (2000, XP) gets nullified so if you have problems with Vista and need to return to your old OS you will have to buy a new license, or get a new key at least.

I don't know if this is true but is better don't take the risk, besides Vista will run better if is installed from zero in a disk without any OS installed.