Shoutbox

A script to change statuses after X minutes?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? (/showthread.php?tid=71370)

A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-04-2007 at 12:29 PM

Hi all

Is there a script that allows WLM to automatically change statuses after X seconds or minutes?

Example: I want to appear offline after 15 minutes from signing in and am am not attending the computer regularily

Is it possible? :P

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by hmaster on 02-04-2007 at 02:09 PM

Yes, use the scripting documentation.

These will be useful ;):
OnEvent_Signin(Email);
OnEvent_Timer(TimerId);
AddTimer(TimerId, Elapse);
Messenger::MyStatus

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-04-2007 at 05:33 PM

I don't know how to script :$

Can anybody plz give me a ready-made one? :$

thanks

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by Baggins on 02-04-2007 at 06:18 PM

If you want to be changed to away after 15 minuets you can do this using wlm.  For apper offline yopu would need a script though.

Go to Tools>Options>General, and under My status check 'Show me as away...(bla bla)' filling in the number of minuets, this will work better than a script would.

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-04-2007 at 08:10 PM

What I need is a script for ALL statuses, not only 'Away' :)

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by roflmao456 on 02-05-2007 at 02:55 AM

i have created it for you :) it changes to

quote:
Originally posted by kryp2nyt
ALL statuses
.. hope it works!

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-05-2007 at 10:59 AM

Thanks a million!!

Now, one last stupid request...how to use it?? :$

I can't find it in the menu of Plus! icon :$

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by roflmao456 on 02-06-2007 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Thanks a million!!

Now, one last stupid request...how to use it?? :$

I can't find it in the menu of Plus! icon :$

starts automatically on next sign in

edit: oh and edit the script inside to put your msn email on the MyEmail variable.

tell me if you want the script to have enable/disable or Status > switch to whatever in 15 min

in the menu.
RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-06-2007 at 09:05 AM

I signed out and signed in...it doesn't work 8-)

Also, do plz include the exact type of command to write regarding my email address editing...am kinda lost :$

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by roflmao456 on 02-06-2007 at 08:57 PM

ok....

quote:
regarding my email address editing

Plus! > Preferences > Scripts > Status Switcher > Edit

then if you look near the top it will say

code:
var myEmail="" // include email

like that then inside the "" you add your email. for example:

var myEmail="whatever@lol.com"

maybe that should help?
RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-07-2007 at 10:41 AM

Still doesn't work!!!

Anybody can confirm this?

Are you sure this script really works? :P

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by CookieRevised on 02-07-2007 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Still doesn't work!!!

Anybody can confirm this?

Are you sure this script really works? :P
The script from roflmao456 does not work indeed and is certainly not what you requested.

It does not detect idle time (and thus triggering after x minutes of idle time).

And even as a pure 'setting status to something after x minutes of sign in' it doesn't even work.

I'm sorry to say but on almost each line of this small script there is something wrong.

roflmao456, do not post scripts which A) are not requested, B) don't even work...

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-07-2007 at 02:06 PM

Is there any possible hope of creating a full script with full window options, instead of only relying on commands (which I don't understand)? :$

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by CookieRevised on 02-07-2007 at 02:13 PM

If someone bothers to make it, yes :D

-------

But to those who wanna make it: first focus on properly detecting when Messenger goes idle. As that is the whole point of this request ;)

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by Nerwin on 02-08-2007 at 09:41 AM

i would appreciate a script with that function... in needs

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by Eljay on 02-08-2007 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If someone bothers to make it, yes :D

-------

But to those who wanna make it: first focus on properly detecting when Messenger goes idle. As that is the whole point of this request ;)

Surely you can just use the MyStatusChange event? Or am I missing something...

Edit: 2500 posts \o/ :P
RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by Volv on 02-08-2007 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
Surely you can just use the MyStatusChange event? Or am I missing something...
I believe you are missing something :p

quote:
Example: I want to appear offline after 15 minutes from signing in and am am not attending the computer regularily
He wants the status to change only when he hasnt been attending for 15 minutes (ie. the user hasnt interacted with the PC for 15 mins)
RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by CookieRevised on 02-09-2007 at 10:24 AM

Which can be done as Eljay said, by using the MyStatusChange... He didn't missed something ;)

The further tools to pull this off are on the forum already and starts with 'p' and ends with 'atching'... with a prefix like 'soft' ;)

(this is at least one way to detect becomming idle)

PS: You wont be idle as long as you're working on the PC. Idle in Messenger means idle on the PC, thus not only in Messenger.

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-12-2007 at 12:31 PM

Guys guys guys...

I am talking about a fully customizable script tht allows me to change TO ANY STATUS at ANY SPECIFIC TIME I want!

Its not only the 15 mins gap...I mentioned it as an example :)

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by CookieRevised on 02-12-2007 at 07:44 PM

Which is exactly what we're talking about krypt2nyt

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by kryp2nyt on 02-15-2007 at 04:55 PM

So is the project on or off? :p

RE: A script to change statuses after X minutes?? by CookieRevised on 02-20-2007 at 12:56 AM

I already did the 'big work' and reversed engineered messenger to be able to patch it. I just need to make a script out of it (and that is taking time since I work these days long hours and don't have much time on my hands atm).

EDIT: script is finished

Idle Changer v1.0

With this script you can:
- Change the status which is set when you become inactive
  By default, Messenger will set you to 'Idle' when you become inactive

- Change the status which is set when you become active again
  By default, Messenger will set you to 'Online' again.

- Change the status which is used to trigger the inactive state
  By default, Messenger will only trigger the inactive state when your status is 'Online'.

Note that you of course need to enable the Messenger feature "Show me as Away when I'm inactive":
Tools > Options > Personal > Show me as Away when I'm inactive for x minutes

Note that this script is highly version dependable and can only run on WLM 8.1.0168 and WLM 8.1.0178. The script is tested, but you should still use it at your own risk since it involves patching.