Shoutbox

Valentines Day Ideas - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Valentines Day Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=71418)

Valentines Day Ideas by Stigmata on 02-05-2007 at 09:04 PM

Well I've just started dating a girl, and I'm not one to disappoint on a special day like this... but this year, I'm short on ideas.

So i was just wondering, do you guys know of anything that I could do?

Any stories of previous February 14ths, or what are you planning on doing this year?

(l)

:)

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by MeEtc on 02-05-2007 at 09:05 PM

single long stem rose. sent one to my hun of days past, and she loved it.

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by vaccination on 02-05-2007 at 09:06 PM

Ask markee, he's great with this stuff =P

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Chrono on 02-05-2007 at 09:09 PM

i'd say poke her in the face 8-)

:P

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by duck! on 02-05-2007 at 09:10 PM

Since your only 3 years old, id say give her a teddy bear.

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Nagamasa on 02-05-2007 at 09:15 PM

Go Bowling?

And remember not to take 2 balls at a time.

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Oxy on 02-05-2007 at 09:18 PM

Well, i don't have one this year, but previous ones i've done are a Gigantic card with a traditional box of heart shaped chocolates.. and something else i can't remember (usually use the same thing for each one :P) but im sure a fancy drink/dinner down your local a fancy restaurant will go down a treat..
warning - i is 13..

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by M73A on 02-05-2007 at 09:34 PM

im taking her for something to eat and then taking her shopping to spend my money... lol, cant say fairer than that?

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by scott2010_h on 02-05-2007 at 10:11 PM

If you have a local choir have them sing a love song to her.

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Joe on 02-05-2007 at 11:47 PM

A rose and a small Teddy Bear.
Some chocolate if you care that much and she won't think it's overboard.

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by albert on 02-06-2007 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by atown44

I was going for a white bear holding 11 roses and 1 fake with a note saying "till the last one dies.." (having the roses delivered)

but my problem is what do i give her during the day? Since we'll see eachother at school and that the roses will arrive at her place at night..
RE: RE: Valentines Day Ideas by markee on 02-06-2007 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
Ask markee, he's great with this stuff =P

:$

Anyway, seeing as though you have only been going out for a little then I would only do something kinda little (but still thoughtful).  Something like a single long stem rose, a block of chocolate and a movie (her favourite or if you don't know that then go for some romantic chick-flick thing).  And just spend the night with her.

Or if you can't find the time to do that then replace the movie with a poem or letter that is handwritten by you (would help you with it but it should be your own words) and just make sure it is sweet and caring.

They're my suggestions, take what you like :tongue:
RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Joe on 02-06-2007 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
quote:

I was going for a white bear holding 11 roses and 1 fake with a note saying "till the last one dies.." (having the roses delivered)

but my problem is what do i give her during the day? Since we'll see eachother at school and that the roses will arrive at her place at night..
Plan a way to avoid the topic or make her think you forgot.... without her becoming angry that is.

Or you could get her something small and disappointing so that she doesn't show any disappointment and just thinks to herself that you should have done better, then when she gets home, it'll all be good.

Maybe, you might need a female opinion.
RE: Valentines Day Ideas by albert on 02-06-2007 at 12:15 AM

quote:
Plan a way to avoid the topic or make her think you forgot.... without her becoming angry that is.

I don't think that's actually possible.. lol.

But even if it works, people are going to mention it for sure.. Unless I do the "OH MY GOD I TOTALLY FORGOT SORRY  IM AN IDIOT" act..

Which.. could work after all!
RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Voldemort on 02-06-2007 at 02:25 AM

and she is going to think you ordered the roses on  valentines afternoon as the roses are getting to her at night :P

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by wacky on 02-06-2007 at 03:38 AM

well.. personally, I would simply like to be with my man and get a little teddy bear or something.. valentines day isn't the biggest deal in the world. Don't over do it since you  haven't been with her for that long and you might end up regretting it

Been with my bf for almost a year now and I think we're just gonna go for pie or something. As long as we get to see each other, that's all we want. If that girl expects too much out of you, I don't think it's even worth being with her, honestly..
Meh valentines day is poo :P my bf met his ex on valentines day so it kinda grosses me out :(

RE: Valentines Day Ideas by Vimto on 02-06-2007 at 12:06 PM

You so need to get a girls perspective as obviously girls know what girls want... What MeEtc said would be really nice, if I got that on valentines day I would think it were really sweet. I know boys think girls love chocolate but we don't so much like gettin it off boys for valentines (imo anyway). Most girls are weight concious anyway and chocolates dont really suggest much thought or care.

As for teddy bears we love em' :cheesy: We get them and go "Awww" and there just generally nice to get.

Take her to her favourite movie and then maybe take her out somewhere to eat and just make it really romantic, we love the slushy stuff ;)

But what wacky said also true, girls would prefer to get loads of love and attention on valentines than get loads of stuff without any feeling at all. Just hold her hand alot and kiss her often...

Tell us how it went when the times over

Hope this helped