Shoutbox

WLMD installed, but still wants to open hotmail in IE from Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: WLMD installed, but still wants to open hotmail in IE from Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=71431)

WLMD installed, but still wants to open hotmail in IE from Messenger by ahmetgns on 02-06-2007 at 11:27 AM

I have installed WLMD and since then my email button on Messenger opens WLMD. But I don't want to use WLMD for email and I want to see my mails in WLM in an IE. I won't delete WLMD. Don't suggest such a thing ;)

EDIT: I have just found how to repair this. Delete this registry entry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows Live>Communication Clients>Shared

Remove Mail Install Root key. Thanks

RE: E-mail button opens WLM Desktop.How can I change it to IE by Dempsey on 02-06-2007 at 11:28 AM

So you've installed WLMD, but don't want to use it?

RE: E-mail button opens WLM Desktop.How can I change it to IE by Eddie on 02-06-2007 at 02:11 PM

As far as im aware when WLMD is installed it automatically becomes Windows Live (MSN) Messengers default Mail thing *-) Don't know of a solution.
--------------------
But dempsey makes a good point, why install if you arent going to use it *-)

RE: E-mail button opens WLM Desktop.How can I change it to IE by Felu on 02-06-2007 at 02:20 PM

Uninstall or removing your email from WLMD is the only way out [Image: msn_tongue.gif].

Or maybe StuffPlug's open mail in default browser function might do the trick if you have IE as your default browser

RE: E-mail button opens WLM Desktop.How can I change it to IE by Eddie on 02-06-2007 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
Uninstall or removing your email from WLMD is the only way out [Image: msn_tongue.gif].

Or maybe StuffPlug's open mail in default browser function might do the trick if you have IE as your default browser
That didnt work for me when i tried it *-)

RE: E-mail button opens WLM Desktop.How can I change it to IE by RebelSean on 02-06-2007 at 10:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
But dempsey makes a good point, why install if you arent going to use it *-)

It's a matter of user preference. When I'm in messenger and want to read my e-mail I want to view it via the web, not with WLMD. When I'm reading multiple e-mail accounts I like to use WLMD. That's the way so many people want it. It's not that people don't want to use it, they want to use it when they want to.

ahmetgns: This was brought up during the initial 8.0 beta phase, we suggested that their be an option, but the team turned it down because they wanted to get WLMD used more. There is nothing you can do, unless an option is made for this. We're going to push this when the next beta phase comes around.