Shoutbox

Fixed bug perhaps not so fixed? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Fixed bug perhaps not so fixed? (/showthread.php?tid=71456)

Fixed bug perhaps not so fixed? by lavalamp on 02-07-2007 at 12:38 AM

Hello all, I've been having an issue for a while now, in that if a large block of text is sent to me by someone, MSN freezes for a few seconds, all windows.

I just figured that it was some network configuration problem, however, I have just reinstalled today, complete fresh copy of XP. So far I only have the OS and a few utilities. The problem is still occuring and I have the latest versions of both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus (just downloaded them today, straight off their websites), I've atached a pic for confirmation.

I checked the changelog and it seems that this issue was fixed in 4.10:

quote:
Fixed: receiving multi-line messages with plain-text chat logging turned on can freeze Messenger.
But like I say, it's still popping up for me in 4.11.
RE: Fixed bug perhaps not so fixed? by deAd on 02-07-2007 at 12:49 AM

This is actually part of WLM itself. Large messages cause WLM to freeze for about two minutes. WLM itself has a 400-character limit on text messages that counters this problem, but when addons like Stuffplug and Plus! are used, users can send larger messages and freeze messenger.

The Plus! bug was a separate bug and was indeed fixed.

RE: Fixed bug perhaps not so fixed? by lavalamp on 02-07-2007 at 02:57 AM

Ah, that's a shame. MSN Messanger had that character limit too but didn't freeze up, I guess I'll have to wait for them to fix WLM (or for hell to freeze over (no pun intended)).