Shoutbox

Past Messenger logs after a reinstallation b/c of crash - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Past Messenger logs after a reinstallation b/c of crash (/showthread.php?tid=71488)

Past Messenger logs after a reinstallation b/c of crash by Katje on 02-08-2007 at 01:51 AM

I'm not sure if there is even a way or possibility of this but I thought I should ask anyway. Is there a way of retreiving past message archives after a computer crash and reinstalling the messenger? I'm not sure if I explained it right. Help would be much appreciated.

RE: Past Messenger logs after a reinstallation b/c of crash by Rolando on 02-08-2007 at 01:53 AM

Did you've chatlogs enabled? If you didn't, you probably can't get them unless they were sent while you were offline.

RE: Past Messenger logs after a reinstallation b/c of crash by Katje on 02-08-2007 at 02:07 AM

No, I mean after an OS crash, where you have to reinstall the program, the logs are usually wiped even if I had it enabled before the system crash.  I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve those logs

RE: Past Messenger logs after a reinstallation b/c of crash by RebelSean on 02-08-2007 at 04:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Katje
No, I mean after an OS crash, where you have to reinstall the program, the logs are usually wiped even if I had it enabled before the system crash.  I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve those logs

Well once you've wiped your hard drive you can't retrieve anything I'm affraid.