Shoutbox

Retrieving and Displaying Webpages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages (/showthread.php?tid=71515)

Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by ScM on 02-08-2007 at 07:33 PM

I was trying to write a script that would allow me to open and display the contents of a website inside of an MP!L window, but this proved harder than expected! I'm an experienced web designer/coder (PHP + MySQL) but I'm practically useless when it comes to XML :(
(I also tried opening a window in IE but cannot seem to figure out why i can't get it to open...) I have deleted most of my code and all I have now is the code to open the MP!L window...

I was hoping someone could show me some example codes that would allow me to open pages in an MP!L window... Any help would be much appreciated

-ScM (Please pardon my spelling/structure as I am dyslexic)

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by roflmao456 on 02-08-2007 at 10:22 PM

you cannot have browser windows in a MP!L window..

no control for it ;0 already asked this question... Search!

;)

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by ScM on 02-09-2007 at 01:07 AM

Thats not what I was looking for! :P I wanted the content from a site, not the window itself, as if it were just a .txt file retrieved from another location. I was looking for something similar to the myspace new message checker, but one that actually displayed the data it retrieved... ( I am working on modding that script to see if it can be done, but I havent gotten anywhere...)

The browser window comment was 'geared' more towards opening a site in IE or Firefox, not using one in MP!L...

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by deAd on 02-09-2007 at 01:23 AM

Do you want the actual page source?

code:
var pRequest = new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLHTTP');
pRequest.open('GET', 'http://www.website.com/page.html', true);
pRequest.onreadystatechange = function() {
     if (pRequest.readyState == 4) {
          var sPage = pRequest.responseText;
          // sPage will contain the contents of the page.
     }
}
pRequest.send('');

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by ScM on 02-10-2007 at 09:50 AM

I'll try that, thanks. any idea how to send your email address to a page (using POST)?

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by Felu on 02-10-2007 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ScM
I'll try that, thanks. any idea how to send your email address to a page (using POST)?
-dt-'s reply to [?] xmlhttp POST
RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by ScM on 02-10-2007 at 09:56 AM

Thanks!

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by ScM on 02-14-2007 at 08:20 AM

Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do i use the retrieved site inside an MP!L window? I designed it to retrieve data from a MySQL database, and then display this data, but i guess im not used to xml, or the .js script format that MP!L uses...

RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by Felu on 02-14-2007 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ScM
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do i use the retrieved site inside an MP!L window? I designed it to retrieve data from a MySQL database, and then display this data, but i guess im not used to xml, or the .js script format that MP!L uses...
Have you read the Scripting Documentation
RE: Retrieving and Displaying Webpages by ScM on 02-15-2007 at 06:12 AM

yeah, and the tutorials in it didnt even work... i went to the IRC room to get help, and they showed me what was wrong...