Shoutbox

Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuff pl - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuff pl (/showthread.php?tid=71517)

Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuff pl by Rollz7 on 02-08-2007 at 08:57 PM

Is there anyway of getting a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuff plug 2 any ideas if this will work its somthing i realy would love bk because it is not in the new stuffplug3 any help much apreashiated guys

RE: Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuf by TheSteve on 02-08-2007 at 11:45 PM

It will be in the next release of StuffPlug 3. :D

RE: Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions by Volv on 02-09-2007 at 02:44 AM

I think this requires sending multi-packet or multi-part messages or something like that as I believe newer protocols support. I think the limit per message-part is 5 emoticons and hence by sending a multi-part message, the limit can be increased. A similar method could also be used to send very long messages (as the character limit only applied to each message-part) although I'm not sure if this has been altered as it was possible to cause a buffer overflow by sending infinitely long messages.

PS: I may be completely wrong about all of this but I do remember reading about it or something similar :p

RE: Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuf by Orgrim Doomhammer on 02-09-2007 at 02:06 PM

instead of selecting emoticons, try writing their shortcuts. it works fine, as you can see here, where I've sent 8 emoticons without any script. also, the quick icon panel does that.[Image: untitledna7.jpg]

RE: Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuff pl by Volv on 02-09-2007 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Orgrim Doomhammer
instead of selecting emoticons, try writing their shortcuts. it works fine, as you can see here, where I've sent 8 emoticons without any script. also, the quick icon panel does that.
He means 5 different (unique) emoticons, there was a limit placed on unique emoticons because of the transfer size whereas you can send the same emoticon as many times as you want in a message because it only involves sending the actual emoticon image file once.
RE: Is ther anyway of getin a script to access the more than 5 emotions part off stuff pl by Orgrim Doomhammer on 02-09-2007 at 02:42 PM

ok, sorry...didn't understand.