Shoutbox

send emoticons without seeing them - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: send emoticons without seeing them (/showthread.php?tid=71536)

send emoticons without seeing them by kvnhmmd on 02-09-2007 at 09:54 AM

im wondering if there is a script, or another way to make it so i can send a custom emoticon to someone, but have only them see it, cause on slower computers, the emoticons take up alot of processor when you use them alot in sentances. I know you can disable emoticons in wlm options, but in order to send them then, you have to actually go into your list, and pick an emoticon. I want to actually type the emoticon shortcut, and only have my contact see it if possible.

RE: send emoticons without seeing them by Squelettor on 02-09-2007 at 11:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
I know you can disable emoticons in wlm options, but in order to send them then, you have to actually go into your list, and pick an emoticon. I want to actually type the emoticon shortcut, and only have my contact see it if possible.

You can do that when you disable emoticons in wlm options.

[Image: screenfn0.jpg]

RE: send emoticons without seeing them by Felu on 02-09-2007 at 11:49 AM

umm but the other person will not be able to see the emoticons too 8-). And this is certainly possible with scripting.
You'll need
OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage and Emoticon::Shortcut

RE: send emoticons without seeing them by Volv on 02-09-2007 at 12:47 PM

I believe that displaying of emoticons is based on the local user. If you disable emoticons, I think other people will still be able to view them.

EDIT: Like Squelettor's images show

RE: send emoticons without seeing them by kvnhmmd on 02-09-2007 at 04:15 PM

if you disable emoticons on wlm options, your contact will not see the emoticon, just the funny shortcuts you have for them