Shoutbox

Dock and hide messenger tab? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Dock and hide messenger tab? (/showthread.php?tid=71626)

Dock and hide messenger tab? by bobbismal on 02-11-2007 at 03:48 PM

Don't know if there is a way, but I've never seen it.  Is there any way to dock Messenger on the side of the screen and just have it show as a little tab until you want to see it.  Is something like that do-able?

RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by Felu on 02-11-2007 at 03:50 PM

Enchancer can do this.

RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by bobbismal on 02-11-2007 at 04:00 PM

cool thanks.

RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by Jesus on 02-11-2007 at 04:05 PM

lol just a riddle...

what's worse than double posting???

making double threads -_-

RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by bobbismal on 02-11-2007 at 04:15 PM

I'm not new to forums, and it really wasn't my fault.  I just refreshed to page and it doube posted and I couldn't find a delete post.  Anyways, what's worse than double posting.  Let me guess, not using the search button?

I've got a couple forums of my own.  I'm a big fan of the search button, myself, but realise that most of the time when people want a quick answer they don't want to wade through 100 pages of old posts to find an snswer that can quickly be answered by any kind person.  In my forums I'll answer the question then delete the post in a week or two. 

RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by bobbismal on 02-11-2007 at 04:22 PM

New question.  Any way to adjust the tab to make it a  bit bigger.  It's so small I can't hardly see it.

RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by RaceProUK on 02-11-2007 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bobbismal
Anyways, what's worse than double posting.  Let me guess, not using the search button?
What's worse than that? Double-posting when you obviously know how to edit.
RE: RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by bobbismal on 02-11-2007 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Anyways, what's worse than double posting.  Let me guess, not using the search button?
What's worse than that? Double-posting when you obviously know how to edit.

What's even worse than double-posting when you obviously know how to edit?  HUGE SELF SERVING SIGNATURES.:o  Double post was deleted long before you posted, but thanks for your input.
RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by RaceProUK on 02-13-2007 at 05:04 PM

Double-post is still there btw.

RE: RE: Dock and hide messenger tab? by Jesus on 02-13-2007 at 09:22 PM

quote:
I'm not new to forums, and it really wasn't my fault.  I just refreshed to page and it doube posted and I couldn't find a delete post.
[Image: delete.gif] zOMG found it for you :D

quote:
that's pretty bad, too, but I wasn't referring to that ;)

quote:
I've got a couple forums of my own.  I'm a big fan of the search button, myself, but realise that most of the time when people want a quick answer they don't want to wade through 100 pages of old posts to find an snswer that can quickly be answered by any kind person.  In my forums I'll answer the question then delete the post in a week or two. 

well, this isn't one of your forums, so you better stick to the rules and learn to use the delete button which I just found for you :D
I see you already found the edit button, so why don't you use it correctly and merge your double post like RaceProUK mentioned?
things like that can keep a forum clean too, without admins working on it 24/7.