Shoutbox

Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) (/showthread.php?tid=71650)

Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by YourNeibour on 02-12-2007 at 12:56 AM

Hi,

For the last few months I have been using the Trojan Twisted pleasure condoms wich are a little thick, today I bought the TROJANŽ Ultra Thin Lubricated Condoms Do you think that the ones I bought today are ok or should I nervous about them breaking since they are so thin, Keep in mind i havn't used the TROJANŽ Ultra Thin Lubricated Condoms yet. Does it even matter?

Thanks for your input

RE: Some advice would be appreciated by Omar on 02-12-2007 at 01:07 AM

I say no condoms has a better feel...

RE: Some advice would be appreciated by tony on 02-12-2007 at 01:12 AM

no condoms all the way :D.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated by prashker on 02-12-2007 at 01:39 AM

lol unprotected sex is a no no! (N)

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
Do you think that the ones I bought today are ok or should I nervous about them breaking since they are so thin

Ok I have no experience with condoms what so ever but I guess you could google information about that specific condom type, check if there are reports of it breaking :p.

I am sure they make it thin but not mega thin so it can be broken :p.
RE: Some advice would be appreciated by albert on 02-12-2007 at 01:40 AM

Is he serious?!

RE: Some advice would be appreciated by MeEtc on 02-12-2007 at 01:52 AM

erm, not the usual run-of-the-mill post, but whatever. I have no experience in this department, so maybe these links will help

Amazon customer reviews (what can't you get on amazon these days?)
Drugstore.com reviews

i'll see if i can find more.

couple more opinions

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Menthix on 02-12-2007 at 03:19 AM

http://www.gaycondoms.com/trulthluco12.html says it's safe :p Google is your friend even for things like this.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Patchou on 02-12-2007 at 05:27 AM

* Patchou wonders why, over so many sites that could be talking about the subject, MenthiX chose gaycondoms.com ...

Also, as far as I know, as long as you stick with known brands, the resistance of the condoms shouldn't be something you have to worry about (well, it always depends on what you're doing with it but I'd say that it wont matter wether its ultra thin or not, they're all tested the same way).

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Moo on 02-12-2007 at 05:29 AM

One can only wonder...
I personally wouldn't want to try imagining it.
* Moo shudders

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by ShawnZ on 02-12-2007 at 05:30 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assorted-New-Gently-Used-Condoms-No-Reserve...

buy from him, his are excellent condition

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Moo on 02-12-2007 at 05:31 AM

um EWW!

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by MeEtc on 02-12-2007 at 05:31 AM

umm, nothx on that auction

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by vaccination on 02-12-2007 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Amazon

These are good, January 3, 2007
Reviewer:    Atomicwasteland (Silver Spring, MD USA) - See all my reviews:
I've had no problems with these condoms. They work fine, and they are durable (which I was initially worried about, because the latex was pretty thin).

For purposes of sensation, I think that they are much better than the "standard" Trojan Condoms ("Trojan-Enz"), and all things being equal I will never go back to the regular brand; they are just that much better.

amazon =D
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by SikStyles on 02-12-2007 at 09:10 AM

YourNeibor, there are plenty of healthboards out there. I think you can find a better answer on those.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by qgroessl on 02-12-2007 at 01:21 PM

Have her go on birth control... A lot less to worry about then... cause you can still use a condom if you'd want... but with birth control it's like... 1:100... failure rate of like 3% actually... so yeah... if you do that, and a condom... chances are down to like, <1%....

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by NiteMare on 02-12-2007 at 01:56 PM

* NiteMare thinks YourNeighbor is looking to be a drug mule, not talking about sex

never borken condoms before, should be ok.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Spunky on 02-12-2007 at 03:40 PM

Durex Extra Safe - I still broke the damn thing...

I think theres always a risk with any, but even if they do break, it's not the end of the world.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by John Anderton on 02-12-2007 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
* Patchou wonders why, over so many sites that could be talking about the subject, MenthiX chose gaycondoms.com ...

*cough*

Anyway, why don't people use google? :(
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Menthix on 02-12-2007 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Cause I always get my knowledge from there :p

No, actually... it was one of the first google hits :d.
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by John Anderton on 02-12-2007 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
No, actually... it was one of the first google hits :D.
Because people like you keep clicking it. May be its all in the name for certain people? 8-)
* John Anderton runs
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Menthix on 02-12-2007 at 04:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
May be its all in the name for certain people?
There is a name for people who are afraid to click anything mentioning gay too.
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by M73A on 02-12-2007 at 04:54 PM

get the other person to go on the pill.... sorted

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Dr4g0n on 02-12-2007 at 05:00 PM

Getting the other person to go on the pill is not a solution. =/

That only accounts for conception, not all the other reason condoms are used.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Vimto on 02-12-2007 at 05:05 PM

If your totally sure that you or your partner don't have any STI's/STD's the pill would be a good option as it is as good a contraceptive as a condom if not more enjoyable for the both of you and not as fiddly etc. You should be talking this out with your girlfriend though :\

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Dr4g0n on 02-12-2007 at 05:11 PM

Agreed. Talk to your girlfriend, not a forum. =p

As I'm unsure of your age I'm not sure this is relevant, but in a developing woman (read: teenager) sex without a condom can lead to cervical cancer; this is because it's still developing. More info

RE: RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Vimto on 02-12-2007 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
http://cgi.ebay.com/Assorted-New-Gently-Used-Condoms-No-Reserve...

buy from him, his are excellent condition

You could buy new ones for the shipping price alone =P Maybe some like it vintage

Edit: 250 post wuhu!
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by John Anderton on 02-12-2007 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
May be its all in the name for certain people?
There is a name for people who are afraid to click anything mentioning gay too.
Who's afraid? I just assumed that gays wouldn't need condoms..
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Dr4g0n on 02-12-2007 at 05:21 PM

STIs? 8-)

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by John Anderton on 02-12-2007 at 05:23 PM

I never said I was right :p Notice the italics?
EDIT: Do you mean "STD" and not "STI"?

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Dr4g0n on 02-12-2007 at 05:24 PM

Yea, I just would have thought it was obvious...

And no, I mean STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection). It's the "politically correct" phrase apparently.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by wacky on 02-12-2007 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Have her go on birth control... A lot less to worry about then...
what if she forgets... its damn easier to forget to take pills than to just put a condom on :-/

I stay away from pills cuz i know I'll forget

This guy was simply asking about a certain type of condom. If he and his girl are comfortable with them, then let him be. I think condoms are fine. Why should it always be the girl dealing with all the crap :-/
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Underlord on 02-13-2007 at 12:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
Agreed. Talk to your girlfriend, not a forum. =p

As I'm unsure of your age I'm not sure this is relevant, but in a developing woman (read: teenager) sex without a condom can lead to cervical cancer; this is because it's still developing. More info
There is a recently released vaccine for the STI which causes 90% of cervical cancer cases.
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by qgroessl on 02-13-2007 at 01:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wacky
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Have her go on birth control... A lot less to worry about then...
what if she forgets... its damn easier to forget to take pills than to just put a condom on :-/

I stay away from pills cuz i know I'll forget

This guy was simply asking about a certain type of condom. If he and his girl are comfortable with them, then let him be. I think condoms are fine. Why should it always be the girl dealing with all the crap :-/

True... but if your not responsible enough to take your birth control pill everymorning... are you really responsible enough to be having sex?... also, forgetting to take your pill once a month isn't the end of the world... as long as you don't have sex that day I think you're fine... All most of them are is a large amount of estrogen... They just make your body think your constantly pregnant (hormone-wise)...

And Yes... he did specifically ask about a certain type of condom... but he asked about it's reliabliability... Which, if they're on birth control... can lessen the concerns.
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Dr4g0n on 02-13-2007 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
There is a recently released vaccine for the STI which causes 90% of cervical cancer cases.
That's good news =] (Although I didn't know it was an STI..)

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
as long as you don't have sex that day I think you're fine...
If you miss a day, it can mess the whole cycle up.. (Note: "missing" a day is being outside of eight hours of when you'd normally take it.)
RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by wacky on 02-13-2007 at 10:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
True... but if your not responsible enough to take your birth control pill everymorning... are you really responsible enough to be having sex?
sex itself and taking a pill is very different things
forgetting a pill is damn easy to do. It's not really about responsibility. If you have a busy life where you're always on the go. You can't think of everything. Also if you're tired..
I don't like any type of pills and I don't like doing certain things every single day so I would most probably forget. I have a lot of responsibilities and I can take care of them but I have had to take pills every day for a certain amount of time and I would forget :-/

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by Vimto on 02-13-2007 at 11:05 PM

When I was in a serious relationship I went on the POP Pill This is 99% effective and I am a real scatter brain but its important so I never forgot it.

Its also better than the combined pill becuase it doesnt cause serious side effects such as blood clots and cancer of the breast or cervix.

But you have a limit of 3 hours after the time your supposed to take it whereas the combined pill you have 12 hours.

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by andrewdodd13 on 02-13-2007 at 11:26 PM

I'll be honest with you... if they were going to break easily, they'd not be allowed to sell them, especially since they're a reputable company. We actually get free condoms over here, although I haven't heard of the company before, so at first I was a bit wary of them, but they work fine, even under moderate stress. (ie, blowing them up as balloons... don't ask).

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by lizard.boy on 02-14-2007 at 04:21 AM

The pill isn't totally effective anyways, especially if you take antihistamines. I cant remember the exact number of my friends/family members who are the results of antihistamines or antibiotics screwing with the pill, but the most recent is a baby girl due in June. :D

RE: Some advice would be appreciated (condoms) by somelauw on 02-14-2007 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
I'll be honest with you... if they were going to break easily, they'd not be allowed to sell them, especially since they're a reputable company. We actually get free condoms over here, although I haven't heard of the company before, so at first I was a bit wary of them, but they work fine, even under moderate stress. (ie, blowing them up as balloons... don't ask).
How strict they are tested depends on the country you are living in.

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
The pill isn't totally effective anyways, especially if you take antihistamines. I cant remember the exact number of my friends/family members who are the results of antihistamines or antibiotics screwing with the pill, but the most recent is a baby girl due in June. :D
The number of unwished children a year when pill is used is smaller than number of unwished children a year when using condom in our country.