Shoutbox

Personalized status problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Personalized status problem (/showthread.php?tid=71678)

Personalized status problem by ChromeX on 02-12-2007 at 05:18 PM

Hello, ye i searched before posting but nothin found about my problem.

So,begining from yesterday, when i change the status to personalized one and then i back to online mode, the status (personalized message) goes back to the default one, but after 3 seconds the personalized text changes back to the one i got with the Away status. I don't know if you understand me... Here i posted some screens:

Default online personalized text:
[Image: 77556380rz1.gif]

Personalized text when i'm Away:
[Image: 45981269xp8.gif]

After i switch back to default online text, after 3 secs the personalized text changes itself:
[Image: 27068703vm2.gif]

RE: Personalized status problem by Oxy on 02-25-2007 at 08:33 PM

Hmm.. trying to re-create this bug, i can't seem to find any failure.. is anyone else successful in re-creating this bug? :S

RE: Personalized status problem by Sunshine on 02-25-2007 at 09:53 PM

First check if you got any scripts running that might do such a thing...

...if none (assuming you are using WLM here):
delete the two contact caches (folders) corresponding with your passport in the following folders after logging out and completely closing WLM:
%userprofile%\contacts
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
(you can go there directly by typing the above lines in the run box: start > run and hitting enter. Note these folders might be hidden so you need to turn on show hidden files/folders too)

I've had reverting psm before and doing that solved it (somehow the cache got corrupted..edit: now i'm not sure how my own psm could be in those caches besides the fact that i got myself in my contactlist but anyways try that).

RE: Personalized status problem by ChromeX on 03-04-2007 at 05:04 PM

I tried your solution Sunshine, but had no success...Wondering what could cause the problem...

I have made a video of the bug. check it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/el2rg9

RE: Personalized status problem by Flash on 03-04-2007 at 06:16 PM

i got this to, because i go back to fast after i goto PS

RE: Personalized status problem by ChromeX on 03-04-2007 at 06:31 PM

Mm yes, in fact it happens only if you change the status quickly. I began to notice that when i got the connection loosing and reconnect immediatly after that.. is that a bug or it supposed to be so?