Shoutbox

Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 (/showthread.php?tid=71703)

Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by Pinkflower on 02-13-2007 at 02:42 PM

Hey i have some trouble login in to Windows Live Messenger...
when i try to login i get the error message: error kode 80048820 and 80048439

I need some help, can someone tell me what the problem can bee, or what it maybe can bee. and how i can solve this issue...

I have been without msn 5 days now, and miss it...

Please anyone? can anyone help me ?

My 2 brothers can login to msn on the same internet connection/line

Only me who have the problem, so i think it have something to do with my computer den, i dont have any firewall who block msn

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by Stigmata on 02-13-2007 at 03:01 PM

• This error can be caused by problems on the MSN servers, look at the status page to see if there are problems reported. If there are, the best thing to do is probably to wait until they are over.
  • A frequent cause is that the time on your computer is not correct. To correct the time on your computer, double-click the clock in the bottom right of your screen, in the window that appears you should check both the time and date. If you use Windows XP, you can automatically correct the time by clicking the "Internet Time" tab, next click the "Update Now" button.
  • Try re-registering nessairy Messenger dll files:
    First open a run window by clicking start, then run. Now, type the following command and press enter:

quote:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll Wintrust.dll Initpki.dll Rsaenh.dll Mssip32.dll Cryptdlg.dll

If you use Windows XP you should open another run window after running the previous commands then type the following command:

quote:
    regsvr32 Dssenh.dll Gpkcsp.dll Slbcsp.dll Sccbase.dll
  • Try removing any proxy servers.
    Removing Internet Explorer Proxy Settings:
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    • Clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.
    Removing Messenger proxy settings:
    • Start Messenger.
    • On the Tools menu, click Options.
    • Under Connection, click Advanced Settings.
    • Delete the entries under SOCKS.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

• Try changing your Routers MTU Size.
    Under your routers WAN settings, look for the MTU size setting. Usually changing it to 1400 works :)
  • Check your Internet Explorer security settings
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • In the Security section, make sure the Check for server certificate revocation check box is cleared.
    • In the Security section, make sure the Use SSL 2.0 and the Use SSL 3.0 check boxes are selected.
    • Click OK.

Good Luck :)
RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by Pinkflower on 02-13-2007 at 03:13 PM

thank you

Try removing any proxy servers.
Removing Internet Explorer Proxy Settings:

* Start Internet Explorer.
    * On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    * On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
    * Clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
    * Click OK, and then click OK again.

this was the problem :D

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by tym on 04-01-2007 at 12:40 AM

I too would like to solve this problem. I had windows Live Messenger running on my old system (Win XP , SP2) previously. However, after a format and clean rebuild of Win XP (again SP2), I am not getting Error code 80048820, with extended error code 80048439.

In order to try to resolve this problem I have already tried the following to no effect:
* Disabled Windows firewall
* Change the MTU setting on my Netgear Wireless router from 1492 to 1400. My old system used the same router
* Run the commands above in order to re-register the DLLs (registration was successful, but messenger still gave same error on restart)
* Checked system time - it is and has always been correct, and is now showing April 1st 2007 at 10:37am in Sydney Australia.
* Checked the Internet Options settings to ensure that proxies were off, security was correct and auto-detection was disabled.
* Removed and reinstalled Live Messenger.

None of these solved the problem. What is really wierd is that my other chat programs (Skype and Yahoo) both work correctly - and, as mentioned above, Windows Live Messenger did work correctly on this machine before the System rebuild.

Any suggestions anyone - other than dump this Live crap and stick to another IM program?

Hmmm - I reset the MTU size to 1500 and that seemed to do the trick.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by BBTDB on 04-12-2007 at 06:12 PM

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth that this problem is usually the .net servers.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by lolaraa on 07-18-2007 at 08:10 PM

If you need answer for this problem error 80048820 look here http://80048823.mystation.be/Error_code_80048820_...ive_Messenger.html

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by geoff1963 on 02-26-2008 at 05:37 PM

Come across this error quite a few times and always managed to solve it by syncronising the Internet time, to do this double click on the time at the bottom right of  the task bar, this will open the Date and Time  properties window, select the Internet Time Tag, next select time.windows.com from the dropdown box and click on the update now button, wait for the confirmation message. You should now be able to sign in!:D:D:D:D

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by sakura-aneki on 02-26-2008 at 07:06 PM

ummm I got the same error... and tried everything mentioned above ,except for the router thing since I don't have one xD ....so I am going to try to reinstall it ...and hope it works. Service status says all systems are stable and running so that's not the problem neither. Gonna check back after I reinstall it.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by renegade74 on 02-27-2008 at 12:48 AM

I had the same problem earlier, tried the system time, MTU size, have no proxys. Nothing worked. However I uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing, then uninstalled again, cleaned the registry and reinstalled. I also run Skype and stopped it using ports 80 and 443. In hindsight I should have tested after each change but whatever I did it worked. So it was either a registry bug or a conflict with another messenging application like Skype. Hope this might prove useful to someone.

:)

Might have been a bit premature there. Problem arose again today. However it connected on it's third attempt so maybe the problem is with the .net service and microsoft themselves.
RE: RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by effection on 02-27-2008 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by renegade74
Might have been a bit premature there. Problem arose again today. However it connected on it's third attempt so maybe the problem is with the .net service and microsoft themselves.
same happened to me today there now, i also had the problem yesterday but basically could not sign on at all, i think it must be something wrong with servers
RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by BlitZeD93 on 03-18-2008 at 07:14 AM

After i typed my 5 letter password in, i shows as *****, but right after i clicked ok, it turned into *******. It was the same when i pressed enter.
I noticed that it was the exact length for another account on my computer. That account did not get this error. So i think there is a problem with messenger, to automatically switch the password you typed into the password of other accounts. Or maybe this a a sort of virus of malware that is planted in the computer. Please look into it, it may be useful...

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by ahmetgns on 03-23-2008 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BlitZeD93
After i typed my 5 letter password in, i shows as *****, but right after i clicked ok, it turned into *******. It was the same when i pressed enter.
I noticed that it was the exact length for another account on my computer. That account did not get this error. So i think there is a problem with messenger, to automatically switch the password you typed into the password of other accounts. Or maybe this a a sort of virus of malware that is planted in the computer. Please look into it, it may be useful...
No, WLM does it intentionally in order not to give even a tiny hint about the password at all. I mean it resets the number of characters in password field to a fixed one when signing in or remembered by checkig "Remember password" checkbox.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by KODENZELL on 03-26-2008 at 02:49 PM

i been victim too cant login msn live..i able login with my email and pass in msn live website..while cant login msn live..that cause someone use frezze to block me to login msn live..u go see www.messblack.com to see their program hacking msn..that frezze program can sent lot quess password with my e-mail msn live to servers msn live so that why i able not login my msn live:@..

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by kurt75 on 05-14-2008 at 03:39 PM

Typically that kind of error is because of proxy settings, or date/hour set incorrectly...

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by pathows on 05-26-2008 at 01:16 PM

I  have got the same problem and I have tried all suggestions but it still wouldn't work.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate + WLM 8.5.1302.1018. And I use wireless broadband to go online.

The WLM will let me connect once in a blue moon which means I just keep trying. Everytime I tried changing different things and some how I got around and got connected. I didn't know what is the exact probem because I try to change the same thing the next time but it wouldn't work.

Just now I was looking at the suggestions provided but seems no help. It seems like quite a few things suggest to the clock so I was looking at the clock. I tried unchecking the box for daylight savings and somehow I got connected. I am not sure if this is the problem or solution but I am sure going to try it again.

Since Windows Vista service pack 1 is out, not very sure if this helps? Any thoughts?

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by MegadethAndy on 05-29-2008 at 08:16 AM

Hey everyone, I've tried 95% of all the above.
Im running kaspersky 7 (firewall and all)
So this is what i did to fix it...

Turn ON windows firewall, then open and sign in to messenger.
Worked for me, and i hope it helps others.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by pathows on 06-29-2008 at 05:10 AM

Finally found a good solution to this:

Knowing that there are several different issues that can prevent from signing in to Messenger. Among these reasons are, the Microsoft .NET Messenger Service is experiencing a service or maintenance issue. Another possible cause for this error code to happen is that the firewall is blocking connectivity of Messenger to the Internet or the proxy settings are incorrect. Lastly, Windows Live Messenger is blocked in the router. I have provided the steps/procedures that address the causes I have mentioned. Please follow the steps I have provided below as they are listed below:

1. To determine the Microsoft .NET Messenger Service status, visit the following Web site: http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

2.  Verify that Windows Live Messenger is enabled through the firewall. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Visit the following Web site: http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/

b. In the Frequently Asked Questions section, click How to enable Windows Live Messenger through firewall, and then click the firewall that you have. 

c. If you disabled the firewall in the past, it may still block Messenger. Try to restart the firewall. After the firewall software is running, repeat steps 2a and 2b to make sure that Messenger is enabled through the firewall. Also, try to remove the firewall program that is installed to verify that it is not causing a problem even if it is disabled.

Note: This is only a temporary workaround and you may have to reinstall the firewall software again. If you are not sure which firewalls you have installed on the computer, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista). Then, examine the list of installed programs. Some popular firewall vendors include Norton, McAfee, and Zone Alarm. 

3. Clear the proxy settings in Messenger to establish a direct connection to the Messenger service. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Start Windows Internet Explorer. 

b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 

c. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. 

d. Click to clear the Automatically detect settings check box. 

e. Click OK two times. 

4.  If you are using a router, try to disconnect (bypass) the router and connect directly to the Internet, and then try to sign in again. 

5.  Verify that Internet Explorer is not set to Work Offline. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Open Internet Explorer. 

b. On the File menu, clear the Work Offline option. 

6.  If the previous steps did not resolve your issue, then try the following:

1.  In Internet Explorer, clear the Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart) check box. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Start Internet Explorer. 

b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options. 

Note: If you don't see the Tools menu, press ALT on your keyboard.

c. Click the Advanced tab. 

d. Under Security, clear the Check for Server certificate revocation (requires restart) check box. 

e. Click OK. 

f. Exit Internet Explorer. 

g. Restart computer.

2.  Sign in to Windows Live Messenger again.

I HOPE THIS HELPS! Happy trying!

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by risho2 on 07-13-2008 at 01:22 PM

hello to all,well i tryed all the things that i was told and nothing worked so i just used the system restore and this worked on my first login all is good now.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by chinseng85 on 07-14-2008 at 05:53 AM

i cant login to wlm after i connect my pc to a extended router.

my case is: before that, i connect my pc to an aztech router with modem. im able to connect wlm.
but now i using another router to connect to the aztech router. the only problem is im able to connect to internet, i can do surfing, downloading, etc. but i can't connect to wlm. i have change my new router wan setting from pppoe to dynamic ip or static ip. but still cant solve the problem. when i troubleshooting wlm, there is no problem found.

before:
aztech router w modem ------> my pc

after:
aztech router w modem ------> new router ------> my pc

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by ridestar on 10-09-2008 at 04:05 PM

i finally found the problem..
if you are connected to a wireless router type in your address bar the code for the router settings (if you dont know this phone the make of your router) and they will tell you the code.
click on msu settings or code and make sure its either 1492 or 1400 but there is different codes.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by cluelessinseattle on 10-30-2008 at 07:09 PM

same error codes on my main computer but the laptop next to me has no problems connecting.
all the MPLive tests pass.
turned off xp firewall and no difference - have corporate sonicwall firewall at perimeter which isn't affecting laptop.
MPLive was working until the day after i had a MS tech issue where the person needed to see my desktop and had me install Microsoft SharedView.
that is the only change to my computer so i guess i'll try uninstalling sharedview and see what happens.

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by cluelessinseattle on 11-12-2008 at 07:27 PM

no change

RE: Login Problems: error 80048820 and 80048439 by william77 on 10-14-2009 at 08:41 PM

try error 80048820 messenger fixer
It worked fine with me, xp 32 bit pro, live messenger latest version. It's cheap and works