Shoutbox

Are DPs synced in 8.1? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Are DPs synced in 8.1? (/showthread.php?tid=71794)

Are DPs synced in 8.1? by Mike on 02-15-2007 at 08:18 PM

Since I don't really know the new features of 8.1, I'm asking here. :P

I have 8.1 installed on two computers.
When I installed 8.1 on the new computer, it automatically chose Spleak's DDP which I had stolen using StuffPlug.
I though that it did that so that you wouldn't lose "paid" DDPs when you change computers.
Anyway, I changed my DP to the Palm Trees DP.

When I signed in using the other computer that had 8.1, it also used the palm trees DP! :O
I didn't really care, since I though that it was random and changed my DP to the old one.
Today, when I signed in on the other 8.1 computer, it had the DP I had in the other 8.1 computer! :O

Any more info about this? :P

RE: Are DPs synced in 8.1? by prashker on 02-15-2007 at 08:19 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=789584]

RE: Are DPs synced in 8.1? by Supersonicdarky on 02-15-2007 at 08:20 PM

i found out about this when i formatted, becasuse a couple seconds after i signed in it loaded the dp i had before. and i didnt have backups what so ever

i really like the feature [Image: msn_happy.gif] (for once ms has done something right)

RE: Are DPs synced in 8.1? by foaly on 02-15-2007 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Today, when I signed in on the other 8.1 computer, it had the DP I had in the other 8.1 computer! (Smilie)
yes that is a new feature... instead off just your name... it now also saves your psm and display picture on the server...
RE: Are DPs synced in 8.1? by Sunshine on 02-15-2007 at 08:23 PM

Yes, it's called roaming.

quote:
Originally posted by [url
http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!25206.entry]Roaming[/url] Identity  - Your display name follows you any place you sign into. Now your display picture and personal message will follow you too. If you would prefer they stayed in place you can turn this off (Tools->Options->General -> Sign In -> "Use the same display picture....")

[Image: attachment.php?pid=789590]
RE: Are DPs synced in 8.1? by Mike on 02-15-2007 at 08:37 PM

Aha.