Shoutbox

Send Instant Message Window Sucks - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Send Instant Message Window Sucks (/showthread.php?tid=71821)

Send Instant Message Window Sucks by chompas on 02-16-2007 at 06:11 PM

Hi I'm just giving my opinion of the Send instant message window. I don't have a fast pc, so, when I want to open a new conversation window I right click on the tray messenger icon and choose "Send Instant Message" instead of opening WLM and then double clicking on the contact.

When I start using WLM 8.0 I noticed an annoyance. Using this window make appear all contacts, not only the online ones. I know that know you can send messages to all contacts but I't would be great to show contacts grouped by online/offline to make it easier.
But when I installed the 8.1beta I notice a second thing. Now in that window, leaving the mouse over a contact doesn't shows his email, making me difficult to know who is that contact if he/she changes his Nickname often. So I have to open a conversation window or open WLM main window to see what contact is. I know that maybe this is not a big deal for many people with speed computers, but for me its really annoying.

I would send this same post to Windows Feedback (if it exist) to see if they read it at least.

RE: Send Instant Message Window Sucks by Nagamasa on 02-16-2007 at 08:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chompas
But when I installed the 8.1beta I notice a second thing. Now in that window, leaving the mouse over a contact doesn't shows his email, making me difficult to know who is that contact if he/she changes his Nickname often.
quote:
Originally posted by chompas
I don't have a fast pc, so, when I want to open a new conversation window I right click on the tray messenger icon and choose "Send Instant Message" instead of opening WLM and then double clicking on the contact.
These still exists...and BTW 8.1 is out.