Shoutbox

iPod Help!!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iPod Help!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=71846)

iPod Help!!!! by alewington on 02-17-2007 at 10:20 AM

i borrowed my friends ipod to put more songs on it for her and it was mac formatted. so i had to restore it. and its an old 20gb (i dont know wat genoration.. but i have the serial number on the back if that helps.. ask if it will) and so i restored it and it said to complete restoration plug into power adaptor. and i dont have one and neither does she or anyone i know.. i have an ipod nano and i just charge it through the computer using the usb cable.

any help would REALLY be appreciated!!

RE: IPOD HELP!!!! by High Speed Chaser on 02-17-2007 at 10:39 AM

do you mean the power cord/Charger?

if so how can you not have one?

or do you mean the (for windows) the USB cable?

probably have one in the shops

RE: iPod Help!!!! by alewington on 02-18-2007 at 01:41 AM

i have a USB cable that i charge my ipod with whenever i need to. and so do all my friends. it just sais connect power adaptor to complete restoration. and  is talking about the ipod power adaptor for the powerpoint that the usb cable would plug into. is there any way around it?

RE: iPod Help!!!! by Voldemort on 02-18-2007 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alewington
i have a USB cable that i charge my ipod with whenever i need to. and so do all my friends. it just sais connect power adaptor to complete restoration. and  is talking about the ipod power adaptor for the powerpoint that the usb cable would plug into. is there any way around it?
try another usb port, one that you know works with another ipod.... that usb port probably is an unpowered one...
RE: iPod Help!!!! by matty on 02-18-2007 at 05:48 AM

20GB+ iPods require a power source to actually complete the firmware flash process. Using a USB port will not be suffice it has to be plugged into an outlet. Do you know anyone with an iPod you could ask? Other then that you are either A) Stuck with a 300US paperweight or B) needing to spend money on one.

Note: The 20GB iPod comes with the USB and Firewall Cable, Install CD, Earbuds and Foamys, iPod, and Firewire Charger. So her saying she doesn't have one is just complete bs.

RE: iPod Help!!!! by alewington on 02-18-2007 at 09:51 AM

i dont know anyone with an old one. its getting power. cuz i was charging my nano with it before.. and she has had it for years. doesnt use it much because she dont have a cable or a charger. so theres no other way? i have a hprw6828 smart phone that has a charger like the ipod one that u could plug the ipod cable into. but i lost it. but i know somone that has one i can borrow. do you think that would work? ill try anything atm!

RE: iPod Help!!!! by High Speed Chaser on 02-18-2007 at 10:00 AM

If you want to risk destroying the i-Pod then you can try it
Maybe someone is selling one or a cheap i-Pod with one on e-bay
other wise there is no other way (that I can think of [yet])

RE: iPod Help!!!! by Dr4g0n on 02-18-2007 at 02:52 PM

4th generation iPods and older all come with chargers. They also need an external power supply to complete their firmware reflash, it's something you can't get around. She's has to have a charger since it will have come with her iPod.

RE: iPod Help!!!! by alewington on 02-21-2007 at 07:03 AM

she lost it or broke it.. i think.. but i have a hp charger that has a higher ampage usb port on it to charge my fone. that i actually lost. so i bought  another one lol. just needed an excuse yay. so to sum it all up..

PROBLEM FIXED.. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :)