Shoutbox

Help: How can i know if who has blocked me - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me (/showthread.php?tid=71852)

Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by Volcano1985 on 02-17-2007 at 01:04 PM

Hello i am using Messenger Plus i want to learn a thing

How can i know if who has blocked me,i mean no "deleted"

Thanks

RE: Help by Zahid™ on 02-17-2007 at 01:16 PM

There is no way to find out if someone as blocked you but to find out if someone has deleted you click on the Plus icon > Contact List Clean-Up > Has You

RE: Help by foaly on 02-17-2007 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volcano1985
Hello i am using Messenger Plus i want to learn a thing

How can i know if who has blocked me,i mean no "deleted"

Thanks

try this [suspicious link removed]

but remember blockcheckers don't work!
so it isn't possible...
RE: Help by Volcano1985 on 02-17-2007 at 02:55 PM

Is there any program for it?

RE: Help by hmaster on 02-17-2007 at 03:05 PM

Nope, and even if there was I think it would be inaccurate.

RE: Help by vikke on 02-17-2007 at 04:05 PM

This is the thing about blockcheckers!
If they are offline on your contact list, and online via the blockchecker, it's 100% accurate he has blocked you or appears offline.

But if he's offline on the blockchecker, it's unfortunally impossible to tell if he blocked you or not. Because he might have ticked the piracy checkbox in Messenger settings, which causes the blockcheckers to get him as offline, when he's really online.

-vikke

edit: foaly, your link is a fake one. It's telling different things random!

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by foaly on 02-17-2007 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
edit: foaly, your link is a fake one. It's telling different things random!
there is nothing random with that blockchecker...
RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by vikke on 02-17-2007 at 04:38 PM

If you type:
asfdafdsfs etc. in each box, it will always show blocked, even though I'm pretty sure sadafddas doesn't have fsdsafsafsda on his contact list blocked. It's no random, but it's fake :)

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by foaly on 02-17-2007 at 04:41 PM

quote:
If you type:
asfdafdsfs etc. in each box, it will always show blocked, even though I'm pretty sure sadafddas doesn't have fsdsafsafsda on his contact list blocked. It's no random, but it's fake :)
it tries to esthablish a connection... so if you fill it with useless info it won't find a connection will it? 8-)
RE: RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by vikke on 02-17-2007 at 04:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
quote:
If you type:
it tries to esthablish a connection... so if you fill it with useless info it won't find a connection will it? 8-)

1st: There's no need to know your email or realname, that's the way block checkers work.
2nd: It shouldn't show that he blockes you if the "connection" isn't esthablish. That should either be a error, or not online.
RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by foaly on 02-17-2007 at 04:46 PM

quote:
1st: There's no need to know your email or realname, that's the way block checkers work.
it's not the way this one works...
RE: RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by vikke on 02-17-2007 at 04:48 PM

quote:
quote:

Well.. There is no way this could work technically. Especially when it's showing false results, I just tried on myself!

http://blockchecker.msnfanatic.com/ is a good, and (sometimes) working blockchecker.
RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by Volcano1985 on 02-17-2007 at 04:56 PM

it even says that i am offline too however i am online

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by foaly on 02-17-2007 at 04:57 PM

quote:
it even says that i am offline too however i am online
that is because by default...
blockcheckers don't work
RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by vikke on 02-17-2007 at 04:58 PM

Then you have the piracy checkbox ticked, so no one can check you.

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by NiteMare on 02-17-2007 at 05:25 PM

If you think your blocked by somebody theres a reason for it, eather your encredabley peranoid, or they just don't want to talk to you. knowing any of this is not going to change anything. i suggest you eather call them on the phone, talk to them in person, or just wait untill they come online.

the theory of a "blockchecker" defeats the purpose of the "block" command all togeather, thats why MSN strived to change there servers areound to make the blockcheckers unrelyable and thus meny were shut down, and half of the ones still out there are fake, or viruses, so i wouldn't continues searching, and just leave it alone

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by absorbation on 02-17-2007 at 06:05 PM

@foaly the link you provided is a scam to collect personal details and send spam to your email address.

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by Volcano1985 on 02-17-2007 at 06:07 PM

I just wondered if ppl can know who blocked them.We can know who deleted us but can't now who blocked.I hope there will be a chance to know it

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by foaly on 02-17-2007 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
@foaly the link you provided is a scam to collect personal details and send spam to your email address.
no it isn't... your e-mailaddress isn't even logged...

quote:
I just wondered if ppl can know who blocked them.We can know who deleted us but can't now who blocked.I hope there will be a chance to know it

seeing that it somehow is an invasion off privacy it probabky never will be possible...
RE: RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by CookieRevised on 02-17-2007 at 07:40 PM

quote:
quote:
If you type:
The points listed by vikke are absolutely valid:
1) it doesn't need a name and even not your email at all
2) if a connection can not be made, "blockcheckers" should NEVER say you are blocked; that is completely wrong information.

Anyways, yes, that blockchecker you listed is absolutely and utterly fake.

90% of all blockcheckers which still exist are either gathering email tools (yes, emails ARE logged to be sold to spammers). And even if that '90%' isn't entirly correct, the small chance that even 1 blockchecker out there is used to gather emails, makes that blockcheckers should NEVER be used. You wouldn't want your email address to be listed on spam lists too, so do NOT enter other people's email address in such forms either...

quote:
quote:
There is only 1 way to check...
So "it's not the way this one works" is BS (excuse the word),

There is no reason at all that it would require an email and not a password. With an email alone you can not log in.... And even if it asked a password too (which would be way worse; hence why the creator didn't asked it as it would be too suspecious to even more people and thus not used as much), it wouldn't be able to do anything more than what you already can do (or not do for that matter) in Messenger itself.

So this blockchecker is pure nonsense and makes absolutely no sense, unless it is indeed not a blockchecker at all and a tool to gather emails as said before. As such, it has every indication of being a spam tool!!...

------

Addendum: I really do not get people sometimes. They are so damn paranoid when it comes to extremely unlikely things like MS supposidly reading their chats or Big Brother listening to you phone calls, but when it comes down to tools like this they happily will provide their private email address and other data (which CAN and WILL be used for bad stuff) to sites and strangers which have no legimit decent reference in any remote way.
RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by topoflove on 08-29-2007 at 04:00 AM

thnx

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by rainbow on 08-29-2007 at 11:55 PM

ok, is it just me or MSN has a way of knowing if you have been blocked!?

How?
Like this, go to tools>options>privacy
then you can see a box on the left side of the window, where it says something like "list or permissions" which is everyone you have on your MSN contact list.
Now to know if a contact has blocked you look a little further down on the window and you will see something like "see who has you on their contact list" *show*
Press the show button and if you cant find the email or name of your contact on that list, it means you have been blocked.

Like for example, i have a contact called "jessica" on "my permissions", now i go and see the list that says which contacts have you on their list, and if i cant find her name or email in that list, it means she has blocked me, but if i do find, it means she hasnt.

Am i right or wrong?
...probably wrong... lol

hehe :P

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by MicroWay on 08-30-2007 at 12:04 AM

With this (see who has you on their contact list) or with the Plus!'s contact cleaner, you will see who has deleted you, and not who has blocked you.......
:)

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by Oxy on 08-30-2007 at 09:10 AM

Things haven't changed in the last few months - Block checkers do not work and there isn't any alternative.

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by Flybersite on 06-18-2008 at 04:53 PM

Speaking out of expirience, these online block checkers are inaccurate. I had several quarrels now with my g/f because I told her she was blocking me but actually she wasn't as I checked.

So if you really want to use it, use it carefully :p

RE: Help: How can i know if who has blocked me by Voldemort on 06-18-2008 at 04:56 PM

They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work. They do not work. They don't work.
End. Thanks.