Shoutbox

Foobar2000 Configurations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Foobar2000 Configurations (/showthread.php?tid=71899)

Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-18-2007 at 10:26 PM

Okay, I'm not sure how much point this thread will have as I'm unsure how many of you use foobar2000.

For those of you that do:
Post a screen of your foobar2000 window! I'd be interested to see how others have theirs set up.

Here's mine:
[Image: 1t.png]
Click for full.

Using:

• foo_uie_tracklist_mod
  • foo_uie_quicksearch
  • foo_ui_columns

For those of you that don't:
foobar2000 is a resource light audio player that is highly customisable, extra functionality can be added using plug-ins and you can design every aspect of the layout. Layouts can be made as simple or as graphically pleasing as you want, with plug-ins for adding album art displays and ratings available on the foobar2000 forums.

I know I probably sound like a bit of a fanboy there, but I disliked foobar2000 upon first install and removed it; but after discovering how designable and extendible it was, I got hooked. It caters for my every need for audio. =]
RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Eljay on 02-18-2007 at 10:35 PM

Foobar > Winamp! \o/
When will people learn how much sexier it is :P

Never really got round to customising it on my Vista install but when I was back on XP I used all the stuff you can find here: [linky]

Anyway you just reminded me how sexy foobar can be, and now I will try and find some Vista foobar configs :P

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by MeEtc on 02-18-2007 at 10:40 PM

meh, I'm happy with winamp. not gonna bother figure out how to use another player.
Winamp sits just fine in its dock at the top of my screen

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Apatik on 02-19-2007 at 12:26 AM

Now, that's an interesting thread! I did never take the time to customize my own foobar2000, although I use it all day long... Should look into it one day, because the default "layout" is rather cold -_-

RE: RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Snake on 02-19-2007 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
meh, I'm happy with winamp. not gonna bother figure out how to use another player.
Winamp sits just fine in its dock at the top of my screen

Ya me to. My I pod Mano skin sits fine in the corner. Works with my laptop buttons and flashes LED's on the parallel port. ooo and Pod cast. I don't want to learn another one.
RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-19-2007 at 10:51 AM

I was originally hooked on Winamp, but foobar has everything I need without any bloat and is truly customisable. =]

Edit: Elijay, that's a really nice configuration, I'm tempted to try it; but it wouldn't suit my VS and I like to make my design myself =p

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Eljay on 02-19-2007 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
I was originally hooked on Winamp, but foobar has everything I need without any bloat and is truly customisable. =]

Edit: Elijay, that's a really nice configuration, I'm tempted to try it; but it wouldn't suit my VS and I like to make my design myself =p

Yeh like I said, I used it when I was back on XP and I used to use Luna Element so it fit perfectly, but it doesnt go with Vista at all. :P

I'm in the process of trying to learn how to customize everything myself so I can make a Vista config!
RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-19-2007 at 11:47 AM

Nice =]

If I can be of any help (which I'm not sure I will be =p) just post here or PM me and I'll do all I can =]

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Ezra on 02-19-2007 at 02:31 PM

I'm using iTunes to play music with foobar, so i'm using iTunes as the GUI :P

Maybe I should try to copy the iTunes lay-out sometime :P

EDIT:

quote:
A bit like this? =]

Nice, I was looking for something like that :) Thanks!
RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-19-2007 at 02:33 PM

A bit like this? =]

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Ezra on 02-19-2007 at 04:03 PM

After playing around with it a little, i'm still missing some features from iTunes as Embedded Artwork and Quick Search.

So I reverted back to iTunes as GUI and foobar as music player :P

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-19-2007 at 04:05 PM

I already have foo_uie_quicksearch and I am in the process of adding album art now. I'll let you know how that goes =]

We have an update. =]

[Image: currentt.png]

Added an album art panel. The above shot shows the default image shown if no album art is found. Below is a sample of when the playing song does have artwork.

[Image: currentat.png]

Using foo_uie_albumart to display the art and foo_run and an external program to download them. What do you think? =]

Ezra: Is this the kind of thing you were talking about? (Search bar is top right too =p)
RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Ezra on 02-19-2007 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Ezra: Is this the kind of thing you were talking about? (Search bar is top right too =p)

Yeah I had that one too, but it makes that separate playlist which is ugly tbh, also almost all my songs have embedded artwork, but there's no plugin that uses this one.

Also my msgplus! script works with iTunes, I have to make it all over again if I switch to foobar.

If those 2 things, the iTunes like search and Embedded artwork would work I might think of switching, but how it is now, i'd better stay with iTunes + foobar.

I'm kinda using foobar anyway, iTunes looks nice and works good and with that I have foobar for the Kernel Streaming mode that makes sure the sound quality is top notch.
RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-19-2007 at 07:12 PM

Ah right, guess you're stuck then. But using the pass-through is the next best thing. =]

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by Dr4g0n on 02-19-2007 at 11:00 PM

Yes I know it's a double post but:

Another update.
This is my second view which I've created, press one button on the normal view (shown in previous posts) and voila! Up comes this baby:

[Image: viewert.png]

Fancy ey? =p Press one more button on the toolbar and back it switches to normal. =]

RE: Foobar2000 Configurations by lizard.boy on 02-20-2007 at 03:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
I'm using iTunes to play music with foobar, so i'm using iTunes as the GUI :P

I'm in the same boat as Ezra, using iTunes 7 with Multiplugin's passthrough option for Foobar. The only thing that annoys me is I cannot get kernel streaming working.