Shoutbox

Thriller Movies - What films come under this? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Thriller Movies - What films come under this? (/showthread.php?tid=71920)

Thriller Movies - What films come under this? by M73A on 02-19-2007 at 02:32 PM

i have to make a thriller movie, well the opening to it, for media studies....

the main problem is im not quiote sure what is classed as thriller, i thought it was more, phonebooth, face off and sort of blade films...

but thriller is apparently a sub genre of horror, one film someone said was thriller was panic room ( ? )

so, to help me get an idea, and maybe go buy some, can you post thriller movies  that you like or know of

edit:

hmm, found this: http://uk.imdb.com/chart/thriller

raiders of the lost ark? studied that for action adventure... psycho? i swear that was classic horror, my god im so confused!!! :S :(

RE: Thriller Movies - What films come under this? by Vimto on 02-19-2007 at 05:44 PM

I think the saw films are rather funny but apparently there thrillers. The scream films are thrillers and I really like them but number 2 makes me laugh.

RE: Thriller Movies - What films come under this? by vaccination on 02-19-2007 at 05:58 PM

I'd say, anything that's scary and has action, but isn't scary enough to make it a horror.

So something with lots of action and some jumpy bits maybe?

rather confusing i agree =s

RE: Thriller Movies - What films come under this? by Rolando on 02-19-2007 at 05:59 PM

Well, by definition:
Similar to horror films, except thrillers use exciting action and tension to engage the audience. Normally referred to as movies where one is on the edge of their seat.

or

A thriller is a novel of suspense with a plot structure that reinforces the elements of gamesmanship and the chase, with a sense of the hunt being paramount. Thrillers can be spy novels, tales of geopolitical crisis, legal thrillers, medical thrillers, technothrillers, domestic thrillers. The common thread is a growing sense of threat and the excitement of pursuit.

So, its an horror film with a lot of suspense.