Shoutbox

Is there a way to add dashboard icons? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? (/showthread.php?tid=71958)

Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by preliators on 02-20-2007 at 03:39 PM

I want to ask if there is any way to add/delete dashboard icons by using messenger plus! scripts?
I am not an experienced programmer so please answer this with full details. thank you :)

RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by hmaster on 02-20-2007 at 04:09 PM

It's not possible with just a script. Maybe if you use a .dll, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-20-2007 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by preliators
I want to ask if there is any way to add/delete dashboard icons by using messenger plus! scripts?
I am not an experienced programmer so please answer this with full details. thank you :)

What are dashboard icons???Sorry i'm not english:(
RE: RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by user35870 on 02-20-2007 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
quote:

They are the icons that run across under your Name/Personal Message in MSN Messenger 7+/Windows Live Messenger:

An example of 2:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=791442]

RE: RE: RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-20-2007 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris UK
quote:
quote:

They are the icons that run across under your Name/Personal Message in MSN Messenger 7+/Windows Live Messenger:

An example of 2:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=791442]

Ok.Thanks!Now i have understood....Is not very simple and it's impossible with plus script because to do this it's needed interceptiong and hooking some api like loadresource so you can't do it because the scripts are loaded after the apis...answer the full details about how add icons is not possible and if you aren't an expert programmer i don't advice to try to do it...Try to study api hooking and relative stuff.....Sorry for my english...Greeting
RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by MicroWay on 02-20-2007 at 04:54 PM

I know that you can remove the icons with A-Patch, but no opition to add one... Also you can try Mess Patch
I don't know in what I've seen, but there is an opition to add a Sign Out button on the "Dashboard Line" (where are the dashboard icons)
;)

RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by preliators on 02-20-2007 at 04:54 PM

oh well....

RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by vikke on 02-20-2007 at 04:56 PM

You can do this with an DLL, written in C++ or Delphi for example.

As TheGuruSupremacy said, you'll need to intercept some API's like LoadResource, SizeofResource, and FindResourceW. There is another way, using msncore.dll, but that's even more advanced than the API hooking.

RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by Mike on 02-20-2007 at 06:23 PM

Or, if you want the simple (and dirty) way: SetParent

RE: RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by TheGuruSupremacy on 02-20-2007 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Or, if you want the simple (and dirty) way: SetParent

What???????????????????with setparent function you can't add an  dashboard icon...
RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by Mike on 02-20-2007 at 09:15 PM

quote:
What???????????????????with setparent function you can't add an  dashboard icon...
Like I said, dirty way. It won't be a real dashboard icon, but a fake one. But it will look and behave like a real one if programmed correctly.
RE: RE: Is there a way to add dashboard icons? by vikke on 02-20-2007 at 09:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Like I said, dirty way. It won't be a real dashboard icon, but a fake one. But it will look and behave like a real one if programmed correctly.

Well.. It's a lot more advanced code to get a "SetParent" one to behave like one UIFile modification ;). Not even worth the trouble. Oh, and you'll get skin support without any problems. :P